Can I change the address the email states it is from i.e. email-reckonone@reckon.com

Annette_9739695
Annette_9739695 Member Posts: 3
edited February 2020 in Reckon One
I don't like that when emailing invoices/quotes that the from address states email-reckonone@reckon.com instead of my email address.  Can this be changed?

Comments

• Ted_5835084
    Ted_5835084 Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2019
    I agree Annette,  this is annoying.

Once open in Gmail mousing over the reckon address shows our email along with reckons but not ideal at all..  

On the mac mail inbox it display a bit better.
    email-reckon@reckon.com <myaddress@gmail.com>  

However I think reckons strategy is probably try and prevent the emails getting trapped by spam filters and not arriving at recipients inbox. Mail servers often ping messages purporting to come from an @email that is not associated with the senders domain.     So they get around this by having the message come from @reckon.com whilst appending the user email as the reply to address.

Still it would be better to have the emails appear to come from our own address.

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited July 2018
    30/07/2018

Hi Annette & Ted,

This article explains why it's using a Reckon email address.
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-one-changes-to-emailing
  • Aaron Rennie
    Aaron Rennie Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2020
    Are you aware that you can add your name so it appears in front of the email address?

Go to 'book settings', 'general' and then select 'book settings' - from there you can add a name (I assume even a business name) to the field: Show emails as being sent from

Hope this helps, Em :-)
This discussion has been closed.