Why do I need to open using a back up version now every time I open Reckon?

Jacqueline Quenault
Jacqueline Quenault Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hello,
I have Accounts Plus 2018 - and since upgtradng to the 2019 FY, I have to open using a back up copy - and it will not let me use the copy that is saved to my computer files, it will only open from an external hard drive. This is really frustrating, has anyone been able to get this issue resolved?
I see there are a few people with the same problem, how bizarre it has started only after the update? Thanks in advacne for any help. I am off overseas tomorrow and I now have to drag around an external hard drive as well... 

Comments

• Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2018
    Hello Jaqueline,

At the end of the financial year did you do an End-of-Year Close? This sets up a new file for the new financial year and makes the previous year records read only.

Before rolling over it is important that all transactions have been accounted for and all Reports required for EOFY  to have been created and saved in one form or other, and any Payroll related transactions and Superstream transactions completed and reporting requirements for Single Touch Payroll and BAS Report are met.

Do not roll over till all of the above are completed otherwise you can't get back into the live copy of your 2017-2018 to change anything. By using the backup copy you aren't including any of the roll-over transactions you did at the end of the financial year. Reckon Accounts will be looking for the new financial data file to open.

Robert Smeallie