What will happen to my company file if i dont back up and upgrade in time???

Jeremy_8274181
Jeremy_8274181 Member Posts: 6
edited July 2018 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• Jeremy_8274181
    edited July 2018
    its just taking for ever to back up and then there was an error and i am worried I wont get it done by 4:00
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Jeremy,
    As long as you're logged into 2017 before 4pm and stay logged in, you'll be ok.
    The next time you login after 4pm today, only the 2018 option will be available.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jeremy_8274181
    edited July 2018
    Rav, I've tried to back it up and it took for ever and then it had a error and need to re-build. Should I delete any previous back ups to speed up the process??? Thanks in advance! :)

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    What was the error that came up? Do you regularly perform maintenance on your file?

I'd recommend taking a look at this KB article, its got some good info on the main reasons why backups can take a while -
    Reckon Accounts is frozen and taking a long time to backup. Not responding when doing the file backup

How big is your data file and DB file fragments? Press Ctrl+1 when logged in and idle.

More info here on how to improve efficiency -
    How to improve the performance of your Reckon Accounts company file

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jeremy_8274181
    edited July 2018
    Not sure what the error was but it said it had to rebuild.. I have a very long print queues  backing things up so I will get rid of those in the queue. Not sure how big the files are as i cant get in to the file as its still backing up.
  • Jeremy_8274181
    edited July 2018
    i have been at 99% for over 10 minutes now, is this normal??? I concerned..