Every time I open my payroll I have to restore the backed up files.

ROSEMARY PARR
ROSEMARY PARR Member Posts: 1
edited June 2020 in Payroll Premier
Every time I open my payroll I have to restore the backed up files. I've just done the upgrade to payroll premier 2019 and it still comes up with the 2017 file instead of the new backup I made today prior to doing the upgrade.

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    Rosemary.   It looks like your "NEW PROGRAM (for 2019)"  is opening a  PAYROLL FILE (from previous year),  rather than getting the newer/latest PROGRAM  to start using the NEWER prepared company DATA FILE.   

There's the PROGRAM,    but then there is the DATA FILE you want to use.   You might be opening up the same old (previous year) file,  and because you are using the NEWER program,  then the process is thinking you still have to convert that old DATA file to suit 2018-19.  

Have a good look around the computer FOLDERS to see what DATA file you are trying to open.   And then you better check if you have been processing all the recent PAY RUNS since 1st July into the latest DATA file,   My fear is,  that you've done a couple of weekly payruns by now,  and you're only putting the most recent week's run,  into an inappropriately re-birthed od 2017-18 copy of the DATA FILE.    So get the right DATA files into play,  and do some detective work looking at what payroll DATA for the current year (ie: last 3 weeks)  is in the file you're dealing with.

Once you've got the latest PROGRAM  knowing which latest DATA FILE to be opening,  then it should get used to using that particular file for the rest of the year,  until you do the whole UPGRADE thing NEXT JUNE/JULY again.

Gary
  • Jacqueline Quenault
    Jacqueline Quenault Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    Mine is doing the same thing - I use Reckon Accounts and every single time since end of Financial year and update - I have to restore the file... and then it wont recognise me as the administrator of the file, very frustrating

• linda_9716385
    linda_9716385 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2020
    me too, often have to revert. I i open the program and run date paid reports , i have to revert back to the day of the payrun, using restore recovery. Not good enough. 
  • linda_9716385
    linda_9716385 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2020
    me too, often have to revert. I i open the program and run date paid reports , i have to revert back to the day of the payrun, using restore recovery. Not good enough.