2017 File not backed up

Belinda Dart
Belinda Dart Member Posts: 4
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
So after failed attempts to back up - there was only an option to open Reckon 2018 today.  I've checked the backup log to see if there was a backup even though it kept freezing, but no recent ones there.  Does this mean all data for 2017 is permanently lost?

Comments

• Sue Renouf
    Sue Renouf Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2019
    Have you opened up the file and looked in it Belinda? Are there transactions in the file? The idea of backing up in 2017 is so that if there is a problem when you upgrade, you can restore the file in the old version, find the problems and try the upgrade again. If you have opened your file in 2018 it should just have all the transactions in there as usual.
  • Sue Renouf
    edited July 2020
    Have you opened up the file and looked in it Belinda? Are there transactions in the file? The idea of backing up in 2017 is so that if there is a problem when you upgrade, you can restore the file in the old version, find the problems and try the upgrade again. If you have opened your file in 2018 it should just have all the transactions in there as usual.
  • Belinda Dart
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for your reply Sue.  I have opened the file and all my data up until somewhere in 2017 is there.   I'm missing all of this year :( 
  • Sue Renouf
    edited August 2018
    I would have a look for another file under your log in. Data doesn't go missing once it is in a file.
  • Belinda Dart
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Sue - I'm hoping that is the case! 
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Belinda.  Just to clarify.  It is the backup which has failed, not the file.  For the file that you opened, did you have to go through the upgrade process?  This step is part of being able to use the file under the 2018 version, but you did not mention anything about how you managed to open up the file or whether you encountered any further problems with trying to do the upgrade which apparently enabled you to open a file in the 2018 version..  To me it sounds a bit like you have upgraded and opened up an incorrect/older file
    John L G
  • Belinda Dart
    edited August 2018
    Thanks John!  Yes that was the issue.  The backup had failed and then another person in the business had opened the file earlier in the day and gone through the process of upgrading - and as you suggested they had opened an older company file!  Phew.... it had me feeling pretty anxious for a while there.