Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018 R2 - Trail balance/Reports - *overflow* error

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Posted the below some two weeks ago.

Trial balance, detailed transaction listing and other reports are displaying an *overflow* message in the "Balance" column of the transaction listing and in the trial balance does not reflect the account at all.

I have followed some earlier advise which suggested that the transaction amount be re-entered; the transaction amount be reduced to half or less to reduce the number of characters and a full stop be entered into the memo field. None of these efforts had any effect. The amount entered is of similar length of earlier amount entered and the "balance" amount has not increase in character length from the last displayed amount which is in the same month.

I have only experience this issue after the upgrade from 2017 to 2018.

Have since done some testing to ensure that it was not specific to the journal entry which occurred where the error showed in the transaction listing - nothing wrong with the journal entry. Then tried to isolated the amount at which the error occurred and tried to replicate in one of the other companies in the group. The amount proved to be different in both companies at which the error message occurs. No clues there.

I still think that I am dealing with an systems error.

Will appreciate a solution.

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Willem whenever I've had that it's just been a case of refreshing the report. It happens when the report is brought up and then you change transactions and go back to the report without refreshing it.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2020

Hi Charles, thanks have run refresh more often than I can remember. No change.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Willem.  A similar problem existed a few years ago, possibly more than four, where the limit per transaction was just under $20M.  Thankfully, it eventually changed.  I am aware of the issue that Charles talks about and the way in which to fix that.  But I agree with you that this is a totally different matter and one which it seems needs fixing in the programming.  In my case, the problem was with receipting of government grants.  Based on my earlier experience, it does seem that there is a limitation to the number of characters being displayed, which is causing this problem to occur.  If that is correct, the only ones who can fix it is Reckon.  Good luck in your persistence.
    John L G
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018

Thanks John, the account limit is 4,294,967,296 (very odd number) which Reckon has allowed to exist since 2012 which is disappointing. But will keep on pushing back and see if I can get this addressed
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Agree that this is a very strange number.  But, that is not inconsistent with the error which occurred just below $20M which deed not seem to have any relevance at all.  However, it is obviously a computer generated matter because that number just happens to be 4 to the power of 15.  I started that exercise off by dividing by 8 and eventually got left with 4.
    John L G