stp gov connect

CHRIS WILLOX
CHRIS WILLOX Member Posts: 15
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
hi Rav, I am using reckon accounts plus 2018 and for the last 7 weeks i was able to log into Reckon gov connect via google account. Now it will not connect. What can i do?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Chris,

When you're logging into the Reckon Portal, you need to enter your Gmail address and password that you used when first registering for your Portal account.

The 'Sign in with Google' button will only work if that option was used when the account was first registered. I've had a quick look at your registration method and in this case it was a normal registration using your Gmail address rather than linking your Google account.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• CHRIS WILLOX
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,  i can absolutely tell you that for 7 weeks i did not sign in that way. I have never signed in using reckon user name & password. When i did try that method last week it will not sign in either. Do you have any other thoughts as to what may have changed or how i can rectify my problem?
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Can you just confirm, is it the same email address that you've used to register for this Community account? Or are we referring to a different Gmail address?

Let me know and I'll recheck.

• CHRIS WILLOX
    edited August 2018
    yes rav it is the same gmail account. i never went through the step of registering user name and password with reckon because when i rang to ask questions they said just look at utube and work it out for myself.
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for that Chris,
    I've run your Gmail address through our Reckon Portal database lookup and it shows me the below -

What this means is your Reckon Portal account was created as a 'Reckon' registration (account provider type), meaning that a user name (email address) and password has been created for your account.

If your Google account had been linked initially by using the 'Sign in with Google' option, the account provider type would say Google.

What I'd recommend for you to do now, is to input your Gmail address in the user name field and your password and sign in.
    If its doesn't work, use the 'Forgot my sign in details' option.

Give that a go and let me know how you get on.

• CHRIS WILLOX
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,  i tried but no success. a screen print shows problem.

• Rav
    edited August 2018
    The email address in your screenshot is different to the email address registered on your Community account, and also, Reckon Portal account.

I used the email address registered against your Community account to look up and found the Reckon Portal account.

There are no Reckon Portal accounts registered with the email address from your screenshot (I just did a look up on it).

• CHRIS WILLOX
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,  very confusing because when i check my registered email for community account it is the same one as in the picture??
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    The email address in your screenshot is 'butcher'.......@gmail.com

The email address registered against your Community and Reckon Portal account is not. Its very similar, but not the same.
    Apologies, but I can't disclose what the email address is on the public forum. 

• CHRIS WILLOX
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,  i see the small difference and have now successfully accessed the areas i need to (i still maintain that i did not sign up through reckon).  How are you at solving a mapi issue i have with emailing from reckon?
  • CHRIS WILLOX
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,  are you able to help with Mapi problem? It is when you try to send an invoice from reckon via email.
  • CHRIS WILLOX
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav, did you see my previous post regarding MAPI error?  Can you reply either way if you can help or not? Thanks
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hi Chris,
    There are quite a few variables that can have varying degrees of impact on this error. 

The first thing I'd recommend is to ensure that you have given Reckon Accounts full access control. You can do that by following the below process.

1. Close Reckon Accounts Business

2. Right click the launch icon and select Properties > Security > Edit

3. Highlight the user

4. In the box Permissions for <User>, tick the Allow box for Full Control.

5. Click OK > OK to save and close.

Failing that, I'd recommend giving our technical support team a call and have a chat with a technician who can go over this with you in more depth. 

• CHRIS WILLOX
    edited August 2018
    Hi Rav,  i have spoken to tech support a week ago and tried that suggestion but it did not work. I asked you because they said they would ring back but to date have not. I have tried them 3 times with problems over the last 2 months but they have not called back unless i instigate many calls in a row. Thanks for your help the other day.
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hi Chris,
    I've been speaking to our support team in relation to this and a technician has just tried to call to assist you in this error but unfortunately was not able to make contact.

Can you please advise a suitable time to call and/or contact number and I'll pass this through to our technician.