Bank reconciliation

Brian Keene
Brian Keene Member Posts: 2
I have reconciled my bank accounts to 1 October but because my printrer was out of action I have no record of the 1 September reconciliation. How can I go back and get this. "Previous Reconciliation" only gives me the October transactions, no access to September's. RA Accounting:Small Business 2018 running on W10.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Hi Brian,
    Reckon Accounts: Accounting can only retain the last bank reconciliation report that was created, I've found a KnowledgeBase article which has a bit more info on this -

Unable to view previous bank reconciliation reports

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Brian - because you are using the Accounting version of Reckon Accounts - the ability to easily view and print previous bank Reconciliations is not present in this version (or in the Plus Version)...  there are a number of options - do you have Reckon Accredited Partner who helps you when you need it?  If you do, I am sure they would be happy to take a copy of your file - upgrade it in their system and run off the reports you require... another alternative is to upgrade but you probably dont want to do that and you would need to go to Pro, Premier or Enterprise to get this functionality.  In future you could just print your reports to a PDF and then print them at your leisure or save for future reference.  I am happy to run off the report for you if you want to send me a backup of your file?
  • brian_7664759
    brian_7664759 Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Rav - but it looks like RA:Accounting won't allow it while the other options do. I was on Premier but could not justify the cost so downgraded to Accounting and looks like I miss the little things like that.
    Thanks Linda. That looks like a Quickbooks Intuit option that Reckon doesn't have. I used to be able to go back to any month (with Premier) but Accounting won't give me that option. 
    Thanks also to Linda. My accountant normally does the difficult bits for me. She uses MYOB and Reckon so she can perhaps rescue those recs for me.She is a strong advocate for MYOB but I am too old to change. :)

Thanks to all for the prompt replies. Regards
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2018
    I am too old to change too Brian, but I still love the reporting in Reckon way more than anything MYOB tries to produce (and generally can't)... great that your accountant can help, probably good for them to have a copy of your file anyway and then they can run any of those reports for you... they just cant send the file back to you as you need to leave it as Accounting.  Cheers Linda (oh and PS. it was Vickie that gave you that link to the Intuit option, which I agree, is not for the versions of Reckon that we use!)... :)
  • brian_7664759
    edited October 2018
    Apologies to both you and Vickie, Linda. See what I mean about getting too old :) ?
  • Robert Smeallie_9806608
    Robert Smeallie_9806608 Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2018
    Hello Brian

When I was doing my Bookkeeping course based on MYOB if I wanted to access an earlier Reconciliation I simply undid the latest reconciliation and keep going, unreconciling each month till I reached the month I wanted to report on, create the report and, as you haven't added or removed any transactions in any of the reconciliations you could then redo the reconciliations and they should balance as they did before.

A hint is if the printer isn't working at any time you want to create reports then save them as PDF copies and once you can access your printer once more you can hard copy print the PDF copy.

I'll probably get in trouble about reversing the reconciliations due to not keeping the tracking intact but it worked with MYOB.If the amounts entered in each reconciliation are unchanged then the reconciliation will work for each month.

Robert Smeallie
  • brian_7664759
    edited January 2020
    Thank you Robert. I thought of that then I thought - well it's only a couple of prior months and if the latest rec balances then the others are OK, which I knew anyway. Given another half hour or so to delete them and redo them I decided to just leave it. Thanks for the pdf idea though. i had not considered that but will do it next time I have a printer failure.
  • Robert Smeallie_9806608
    Robert Smeallie_9806608 Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2018
    Brian,

You don't need to delete anything.

In Reckon Accounts, simply go to the Reports tab in the Ribbon Menu, then select  the "Cash at Bank" Account (or whatever one you use in your system). Under the Banking Reports you can select "Previous Reconciliation". Here you can see which transactions were cleared or outstanding from a previous reconciliation. In the "Type of Report" field, select Detail. Next click Display to see the current reconciliation, then click the Modify Report tab to open the Modify Report Reconciliation Details dialog box where you select the period of the Bank Reconciliation of the period you weren't able to print at the time.

How's that! MYOB didn't have that report available so tick one to Reckon Accounts.

Robert Smeallie
  • brian_7664759
    edited January 2020
    • Only problem I have is RA:Accounting doesn't give me the option of selecting that. I go Reports/Banking/Previous Reconciliation/Detail/Display/Modify Report and I get All in the Dates box. I change the dates to 1 August and 31 August (having done and printed the September rec)  The Date box changes to Custom but it reverts back to 1 October 2018 every time. I guess that is one of the prices you pay for not having the higher spec'd programme. Thanks for the effort though.