Fishbowl inventory management

Ann_7781953
Ann_7781953 Member Posts: 7
edited September 2020 in Reckon API
We use Fishbowl Inventory Management and Reckon.  We often pay for stock being shipped from overseas before being received (either a deposit or in full).  I want to record the prepayment into the Reckon system but, then when we receive the physical stock and enter it into Fishbowl, offset the prepayment entry in Reckon against the entry imported from Fishbowl.

Currently we receive it into Fishbowl but this overstates our stock on the balance sheet and can cause issues for our manufacturing, as they think there is stock there for the BOM's to make our products, when there isn't.

How is it best to manage this? Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: How do i ENTER BILLS without RECEIVING ITEMS.

Comments

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Hi Ann,

Unfortunately our support team are not familiar with Fishbowl and how it interacts with our system (Reckon Accounts) as the integration was written by Fishbowl. I would suggest talking to Simon Jupe from Fishbowl Australia to determine the best course of action.  Sorry we couldn't be of more help in this case. 

Regards,
    Jason
  • Ian Bird
    Ian Bird Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    On the Fishbowl side - a possible solution that I have seen used before is to create a location (some call it "transit" and set that location to be non-sellable, non-available and non-pickable. Then inventory received into this location won't cause problems when calculating available or on hand for manufacturing.
  • Ann_7781953
    Ann_7781953 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Ian, I had suggested this in a catch up with Fishbowl and they said not to go down this path but to do it in Reckon.  Their reasoning was not very clear and I still don't understand why.  I think I should follow them up on this.
  • PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Ann,

Not sure if you already solve your problem or not. I had some Fishbowl integration projects before and believe I can help you if you are still looking for a solution. Please let me know if it is the case.

Thanks,

Phuong

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au