**RESOLVED** Reckon Accounts Hosted - Email delivery issue (12 November 2018)

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi everyone,

We're currently investigating reports of email issues affecting Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Early investigation is showing that outbound emails are being sent from the Hosted service but not being delivered to the recipient.

This affects recipients in the To, CC and BCC fields.

Our Hosted team is currently looking into this as we speak and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this is causing at the moment.

Further updates and more information to follow.

CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    ** UPDATE 2:23PM (AEDT) **

Hi everyone,

We have now identified the cause of the issue and are working towards a solution to remedy the root cause.

Thank you for your patience, stay tuned as further updates will follow. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Paula Peyre
    Paula Peyre Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2018
    I need to get my orders through to my warehouse in the next half an hour otherwise they wont be delivered tomoorw. will this be fixed soon?

• Rav
    edited November 2018
    Apologies for the hassle this is causing for you at the moment Paula.

We're working towards getting this rectified as quick as possible, unfortunately I don't have a firm timeframe at this stage that I can give you but be assured this our highest priority at the moment. 

I'll let you know of further info/updates as soon as they come to hand.

• Lucas Anstiss
    Lucas Anstiss Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2018
    Paula - print to a pdf from Reckon - then email it from Outlook or whatever email client you use.  At least that will keep you ticking over in the meantime.
  • ANGELA NAIDU
    ANGELA NAIDU Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2020
    having issue as well with sending payslips ??
  • Rav
    edited November 2018
    Hi Angela,
    Unfortunately this is affecting all forms that are sent outbound from Reckon Accounts Hosted at the moment.

• Paula Peyre
    edited November 2018
    thanks

• Rav
    edited November 2018
    ** UPDATE 2:55PM (AEDT) **

We're about to commence testing a potential fix which we're confident will resolve the cause of this problem.

If the results of this testing is positive we will be looking at rolling this out to the full Reckon Accounts Hosted service in its entirety.

I'll keep you all posted on this. Thanks again for hanging in there while we get this sorted.

• Rav
    edited November 2018
    ** UPDATE 3:25PM (AEDT) **

Hi everyone,

We'll have a clearer picture on where we stand with this fix and its results in approximately 30 minutes.

I'll let you know the results as soon as possible.

• Pat Hobson
    Pat Hobson Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2018
    Is anyone else experiencing completely non-functioning Reckon Hosted? Nothing is working while this "Fix" is being done.
  • Rav
    edited November 2018
    Pat,
    I've just logged in and created some invoices, purchase orders and created a few reports. All was working fine with the exception of outbound emails as mentioned above.

If you're having trouble with operations outside of email, I'd recommend logging out in the first instance before trying again, secondly checking if there are any active sessions in your Hosted control panel and logging them off before logging out and trying again in 2-3 minutes.

• HEATHER ASKWITH
    HEATHER ASKWITH Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2018
    Glad to hear your onto a resolve, in the mean time saving our documents to a location and sending from outlook would be the way to email now,  I have heaps of invoices to do but might wait till its fixed

• Rav
    edited November 2018
    ** UPDATE 4:25PM (AEDT) **

Hi folks,
    Unfortunately rolling this fix into the Hosted environment is proving more problematic than anticipated. We're continuing to work on this aspect, and at the same time are also looking at developing a more permanent solution which is to create a new build of the Hosted mail client.

Work is ongoing at this stage. I'll let you know of a further update as soon as I can.

Thanks everyone.

• Tamara White_7036110
    Tamara White_7036110 Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2018

I am having no problem, but one of our employee's has had her's "frozen" for over an hour now.
  • Lorilee Yeates
    Lorilee Yeates Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2018
    Has someone cleared the email server out? It has probably reached maximum capacity.

• Rav
    edited November 2018
    ** UPDATE 7:20PM (AEDT) **

Hi everyone,
    We're still on the case with this. I know that its a massive holdup in workflow for everyone and I'm really sorry for the hassle its causing.

As soon I have more news from the Hosted team on progress, you'll be the first to know. 

• Paula Peyre
    edited November 2018
    Rav this isnt good enough. Without email I cannot run my business and run the risk of loosing clients/customers. This is now urgent as it has been down for at least 7 hours now.
  • Toni_9025747
    Toni_9025747 Member Posts: 132
    edited November 2018
    Is there any news on when this will be rectified ?? 
  • Christine Taylor
    Christine Taylor Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    Yes when will this issue be fixed?
  • Paula Peyre
    edited November 2018
    Seriously this is now getting ridiculous. This email system has been working for years now. It shouldn't take this long to find a fix. we are all trying to run businesses here and this is so disappointing! Please give us an update. 
  • Shari-leeCameron
    Shari-leeCameron Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2018
    Email's still not working for me, I have to print then scan back into the computer. Its one more step and slower but works.
  • Paula Peyre
    edited November 2018
    ok Im trying to save my invoice without having to hit print first.( because it takes so darn long in reckon)  when I go to file I can select save as a pdf. However when I save it to the desktop then it is not there. can someone run me through saving this and then attaching to an email.?
  • Sam Tanner
    Sam Tanner Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2018
    When you go to print the document, if it automatically goes to the print screen, just press cancel and it will show you the document. Next to the printer icon in the top right hand is a download icon. Just click that and save a PDF to your computer without having to print and scan.
  • Sam Tanner
    Sam Tanner Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2018
    When you go to print the document, if it automatically goes to the print screen, just press cancel and it will show you the document. Next to the printer icon in the top right hand is a download icon. Just click that and save a PDF to your computer without having to print and scan.
  • Rav
    edited November 2018
    Paula,
    There are a couple of options to save an invoice as a PDF copy.

As you've mentioned, the first is to select print and select the destination as Save as PDF rather than your printer.
    Screen capture of this process HERE

If you'd rather not go down that route, the second is to select Save as PDF from the File Menu then download the PDF using the Hosted floating toolbar.
    Check out my screen capture HERE to view the process. In all honesty this option probably takes more clicks and time as opposed to the first.

• Aleisha_8341887
    Aleisha_8341887 Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2018
    Can you please confirm if emails are still down?
  • Rav
    edited November 2018
    ** UPDATE 13/11 9:00AM (AEDT) **

Good morning everyone,
    As you're no doubt aware, this problem is still outstanding at the moment. The Hosted team were working late into the night in their efforts to incorporate a potential solution into the Hosted environment however unfortunately this has failed.

We're going to regroup and attack it again this morning. 
    I'm really sorry folks, I know you've been putting up with this so far and I know how frustrating, not to mention inconvenient it is. Be assured, resolving this is our top priority.

Further updates to follow. 

• CK_9508403
    CK_9508403 Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2018
    Hi Rav
    Can I assume that when this is up and running again, all documents that I have tried to email (but have not been received by clients/employees etc) will go through, or will I need to resend them all?
  • Alana Patrick
    Alana Patrick Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2018
    Any update on when we can expect this to be fixed.....getting desperate here!
  • Rav
    edited November 2018
    Hi CK,
    I've just asked the team and the latest information I have at this stage is that any emails that have been sent from within Hosted since this problem started will need to be resent after we've got it back up & running.

• Rav
    edited November 2018
    Hi Alana,
    I don't have a ETA from the team just yet but we're working on this as we speak. 
    If you're in urgent need of sending out invoices right now, I'd recommend saving them as a PDF then use an email client external to Reckon Accounts Hosted in order to send.

• CK_9508403
    CK_9508403 Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for advising Rav. Hope your day gets better soon :)
  • Paula Peyre
    edited November 2018
    yES BUT HOEW DO i SAVE AS A PDF WITHOUT HAVING TO HIT PRINT EVERTIME. RAV CAN YUO PLEASE GIV EME AN ANSWER AS I HAVE ASKED THIS EARLEIR TODAY BUT NO ANSWER. GETTING REALLY FRUSTRATED
  • Tully Whiteman
    Tully Whiteman Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2020
    How can I get sales reports onto my computer in excel format while this issue is being fixed? I can't save them as they don't show up anywhere on my desktop and with email down I can't access them. 
  • Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes, I have a production report that I need sent in excel. I've just come back from Leave and have a tonne to get in so that I can tell my customers where we are up to...

• Alana Patrick
    Alana Patrick Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2018
    Me too. I cant get the PDF to show anywhere? says its there when I save them, but then I cant find them....even doing a search with the saved file name...it doesnt come up?
  • Aleisha_8341887
    Aleisha_8341887 Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2018
    Hi Tully, choose 'Export' instead of email, then download the file to your computer using the function located in the top right corner.

• Rav
    edited November 2018
    Hi Tully,
    If you've already saved the PDF in Hosted using File > Save as PDF you'll then need to use the floating toolbar to download the file to your computer.

Alternatively, you have the option to select Print and select Save as PDF as your destination. This will allow you to save the file directly to your PC.
    See my screen capture here for the process on this HERE

• Rav
    edited November 2018
    Paula,
    I've responded to your post on this matter earlier this morning, you'll see it earlier above in the thread.