HI, Why cannot I now email a report in excel version? Have always been able to.

JER
JER Member Posts: 11
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am using Accounts Hosted. I am wanting to email a small file in excel version.  It looks like some thing is happening in the background but no email box pops up.  The email box pops up when I choose PDF but not excel.  Never a problem before..  What could it be?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2020
    The email window may have populated in the background which is why it may look like nothing is happening. Try another email and then press & hold down the ALT key and at the same time press the Page Up button. This will bring any hidden windows to the foreground.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Erin Collins
    Erin Collins Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2018
    This has not solved my problem. I still cannot email excel reports. Are there any other answers please?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Erin,
    What is happening exactly for you?
    Are you getting an error message? Are you using Reckon Accounts Hosted?

Can you provide some detail please along with outlining clearly the process you're going through.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Erin Collins
    Erin Collins Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2018
    Rav, when I click to email a report in excel format, nothing happens at all. No timer-icon. No error message, no hidden dialogue box, no prompt. Nothing at all. 
    If I try to email the report in PDF then I get a timer icon, and then prompt to enter email address and then it pre-fills to an email prompt box. And sends fine. 
    I would very much like to be able to email reports to myself, rather than go through the download function. 
    Yes, I am using Reckon Accounts Hosted
    Edit: this function had previously always worked fine up until about 18 months ago. 
  • Kate Lindrea
    Kate Lindrea Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    This exact issue has happened to me now, did you find a solution? 
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited April 2020
    I just logged in on iPad and this export as excel file worked for me, immediately brought up the email address window
    i also logged on using Firefox on PC and all went as it was supposed to, email address window came up, just took a little longer to appear
  • Elke Watson
    Elke Watson Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020
    I also cannot send excel file as an email attachment.  It worked for several then stopped working and saying that I may need to update the excel program.  I then logged out and logged back in.  I could send one file and the second one wouldn't work either.  No message nothing. 
  • Danielle Matthews
    Danielle Matthews Member Posts: 4

Hi All

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I have 4 difference Reckon Hosted user accounts for different companies I do bookkeeping for, and all but one of them are fine. There is one company that I cannot email myself an excel report. PDF is fine, but not excel. I find I have to download the report, open it and then email that to myself. Quite annoying knowing that my other user accounts work fine.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

I have had this problem myself in the past, which I did report through this forum. What I found was that if I switched to a different browser it worked okay. Later on, perhaps the next day, when going back to the earlier browser (Chrome from memory), it was working again. The last time it happened, I can recall having some interaction with Rav.

Try using another browser and see if the same problem exists with that one. I know that this can be frustrating, but I have found out on more than one occasion, after striking the problem, that there was another alternative which worked.

John L G