Previous company files

Steve_9865588
Steve_9865588 Member Posts: 11
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reckon Accounts Plus 2018 upgrade, doesn't remember previous company files..My previous company files is set to 4.
When I first open the programme my last used company file opens.
My "Open Previous Company" tab only shows the one company.
I click on the "Open or Restore Company" tab and open up my other three companies one by one.
They now all appear on my Previous Company Tab.
If I close Reckon Accounts down and reopen only the last used company appears.

How can I get it to remember all four companies on shut down? Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: I've just upgraded to Reckon Personal Plus 2018 and I have two issues..

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2019
    While this might be an older Knowledgebase article, it outlines a similar scenario to what you've outlined so the 2nd and 3rd solution might be worth reviewing -

Open Previous Company List shows only the last company opened

Have you recently upgraded to Reckon Accounts 2018 and/or has it showed the correct number of files previously?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• brian_7664759
    brian_7664759 Member Posts: 50
    edited January 2020
    I had this problem too Steve, using Accounting 2018 with Windows 10 and asked Reckon but they weren't interested. I have to now go into my backed up records and open or restore the second company whenever i want to use it. Similarly, when I go back to the original company I have to open or restore that one.Regrettably, Reckon don't have an answer.
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I also had the problem, which resolved when I selected "Run as Administrator" by right clicking on the desktop ikon.  Hope this works for you as well.
  • Robert Smeallie_9600650
    Robert Smeallie_9600650 Member Posts: 83
    edited November 2018
    Hello Steve,

With regards to company files and backup files location, if you ensure that they are stored in the "Library" section of the computer which is found at:

c:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\Quickbooks\Company Files and Quickbooks Backups
    then they should all appear in these folders.

You should consider storing the backup files on an external USB Hard Disk drive so that if something happens to the company files they can be recovered from the external drive.

Robert Smeallie
  • Steve_9865588
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Glenda,
    I've just tried this and got an error message -6123, 0
    Cannot contact the database server.
  • Steve_9865588
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Rav,
    I tried the Run as Administrator and changing the privilege level in the compatibility section.
    Now I can't open any files.
    I've deselected the "run as administrator" check box in an attempt to revert to what I had previously.
    The programme now hangs and then displays the error -6123, cannot find the company file.
  • Steve_9865588
    edited November 2018
    Yay.  All working now after a reboot, except now I have to answer the question "Do I want to run the programme as an administrator" every time..
  • brian_7664759
    edited January 2020
    Can you tell me how it got fixed please, so i can try that?
  • Steve_9865588
    edited November 2018
    On Windows 10, I right clicked the Reckon icon. Clicked Properties followed by the compatibility tab. On that page I selected the Run as Administrator check box. After rebooting the PC the software now remembers my four companies. Unfortunately, the down side , so far is, that when I open Reckon I get asked every time if I want to “Run as Administrator”. If I answer No, the programme closes down, so of course I answer Yes :) I hope this helps Brian.
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Steve. I didn’t use the compatibility tab. When I right clicked on the shortcut there was an option there to run as administrator. I do not get the continual question that you are getting. Hope this helps.
  • brian_7664759
    edited November 2018
    That (RC and run as Administrator)worked fine Steve and Glenda. I don't get the request to run as Administrator and now I get both companies available. I wonder why Reckon didn't suggest that instead of telling me I had to live with it? Thanks for the help.