Unable to resize columns

Tony Chung (AU)
Tony Chung (AU) Member Posts: 4
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
This is not related but I am no longer able to resize columns on reports such as balance sheets etc. This was a problem the last time an attempt was made to fix the number of clicks it takes to print a report. Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Ebillity Time Tracker no syncing with 2018 RAH.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Tony,
    I've moved your post over to its own thread here.

Can you let us know which browser you're using when you encounter this problem and does the same thing occur if you test a different browser?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tony Chung (AU)
    edited December 2018
    Hi Rav

The result is the same using google or internet explorer.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Tony,
    Does this also affect ALL reports or only some?
    I noticed you've mentioned balance sheets in your opening post, does it also affect all other reports you generate?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tony Chung (AU)
    edited July 2018
    This affects all reports unfortunately. It would have been a long list to do them all.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    No worries, thanks Tony. 
    Which device are you using? A touchscreen-enabled device or a desktop PC? 

Which operating system are you using?

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Sorry for all the questions, just need to gather info as I'm getting the team to check this. 

• Tony Chung (AU)
    edited July 2018
    Rav, I have a touchscreen-enabled laptop using Windows 10.

• Pam_9173848
    Pam_9173848 Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2018
    Rav with all due respect and I emphathise with you for whats been happening, why dont your "team" check this all out! 
    We have been through enough this weekend and the same thing happened last year, so where is the checklist that you check the report sizing/browser etc.  Will we get a discount for testing the environment on your behalf for all the inconvenience and then on top of this we are supposed to test for you? 

• Lucinda
    Lucinda Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018

Is there a solution to this issue yet, as it drives us nuts not being able to resize columns.

• Rav
    edited April 2019
    Hi all,
    There is a new KB article just published which is related to this and contains further information here -

Unable to resize my column widths on an invoice, other templates and the reports window 

• Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2018
    Isn't this ambulance at the bottom of the cliff stuff though.  How many thousands of customers use touch screen enabled PC's and this is growing.  Surely making columns resize for all devices is Software development 101.  This is a very Mickey Mouse solution.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    We'll looking at a longer term solution for this however realistically that will not happen until well after the current AU EOFY period has passed.

• Tracey Jones_7062486
    Tracey Jones_7062486 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Disable touch screen still the only fix???
  • Tracey Jones_7062486
    Tracey Jones_7062486 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Disable touch screen still the only fix???
  • Amy_9051873
    Amy_9051873 Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2018
    This started happening to me today.  I work in a cloud environment, none of our devices are touch screen, and it isn't actually an option to disable it. Is there another fix as yet?
  • Rav
    edited November 2018
    Hi Amy,
    As this has only started happening today and you're using a non-touchscreen device, what is happening when you attempt to resize? Which browsers are using with Hosted and is the same thing happening across other browsers as well?

• Samantha Robertson
    Samantha Robertson Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2019
    Is there a proper fix for this yet???

• Samantha Robertson
    Samantha Robertson Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2019
    Rav, can you please confrim this issue will be addressed for the 2019-2020 update??

• Leanne Dew_8684015
    Leanne Dew_8684015 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2019
    resize columns by being to the right of the little diamond, works that way, dont highlight the diamond.