Unable to resize column on reports - i do not have a touch screen.

Amanda K
Amanda K Member Posts: 7
edited November 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Since the upgrade i am unable to resize columns in reports to enable me to read information. I do not have a touch screen laptop/computer 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Amanda,
    Which browser are you using and also, which device? eg. are you on a full PC?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Amanda K
    edited August 2018
    I"m on a laptop and use Google Chrome
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Amanda,
    When trying to expand the columns, are you using the laptop's trackpad or an external mouse? If its a mouse, is it plugged in or connected wirelessly via Bluetooth for example.

To confirm, this laptop does not have touchscreen capabilities?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Amanda K
    edited July 2018
    I am using an external mouse connected wirelessly and my laptop does not have touchscreen capabilities.  I just tried using a different internet browser and i still was unable to resize columns.  I have tried reducing the number of columns displayed in the reports but the columns do not change width and the visable content remains limited.
  • Sean Cresswell
    Sean Cresswell Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    One of my team just reported not being able to resize columns last night.....from home he uses a Surface Book, and had to disable touch screen functionality for it to work again, yet I have no such issue on my older Surface Pro3 in all three input methods. [touch, track pad & bluetooth mouse]

Is this being looked at? [assuming it is a touch screen compatibility issue]
  • Amanda K
    edited April 2019
    This is still a very frustrating issue for me.  Is there any solution?

• Rav
    edited December 2018
    Hi Amanda,
    Can you test something out for me? For the column that you want to resize, can you please scroll a little to the top right of what you'd normally select and see if this allows you to resize?

For example, to resize the 'Phone Number' column, rather than clicking on the Diamond like you normally would click here instead -

• Amanda K
    edited December 2018
    Thanks Rav, 

Happy to say, i re-sized the columns just now.  I have changed my location in the interim and i seem to have less trouble with this issue at home than at the office.  I shall try when back at the office tomorrow morning.  Both locations are with Telstra.  
  • Leanne Dew_8684015
    Leanne Dew_8684015 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2019
    oh guess what? I just tried resizing the columns by being to the right of the 
    little diamond and it worked every time.