Employee tax HELP debt

113396 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
Hi all,
I have an employee that is questioning that his HELP debt tax has not been withheld and sent to the ATO. I have rechecked his employee setup and the HELP debt is marked to withhold. Is that all that has to be done to withhold the extra HELP debt (he is over he required threshold). And also - the employee is asking that can it be shown on his payroll slip. Apparently his accountant has said that we have not taken any extra tax out for the HELP debt, but he is marked to do so in employee setup.
Any ideas???

Comments

• Teagan Uttridge
    Teagan Uttridge Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2018
    You can find the tax tables on the ATO website that will show the amount of tax to be taken out of his wage to check everything is set up correctly. His accountant would know you cant show the repayment separately unless it is set up as a garnishee type arrangement.  
    edited August 2019
    thank you.
    Is there anything in his set up that I am missing besides marking the HELP debt box?

edited December 2018
    His income was over that for 17.18.
    I am not sure I have access to a sample company?
    Is the only thing I do is mark the HELP debt box? Is there anything else I am missing?
    edited December 2018
    Thank you - I checked against the ATO calculator - I was doing it right - employee wrong