using "ALT/TAB" command causes Reckon Accounts Hosted 2017 to tab forward the next field

Jenny_9381306
Jenny_9381306 Member Posts: 30
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Why does using "ALT/TAB" command (to tab between different open applications) cause Reckon Accounts Hosted 2017 (running in Google Chrome) to tab forward the next field ?
It is very annoying (and time consuming) to have to click back to the field you were editing every time especially when copying/pasting info.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Hi Jenny.  You are likely to find that this and a number of other commands, which are Windows commands, do not work/work properly when using Chrome.  There are various other ones throughout Reckon which have this problem.  The simplest solution for me is to stop using Chrome and instead use Internet Explorer because that is a Microsoft product.  I have been successfully using I.E. for quite a few months now and I have to say that it is a joy not to have to come up against the problem where long known Reckon shortcuts do not work in Chrome because they are Windows commands but they work as the used to when using I.E.

John L G

• Jenny_9381306
    edited April 2018
    Hi John
    Yes, the problem does not occur in IE, but unfortunately I am unable to print to PDF using the print pop-up window when in IE...so I use Chrome to speed things up. It's a rock or a hard place!
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020

Very strange Jenny.  I don't have any problem printing to the Reckon Printer (redirected..) and I haven't heard of this problem with some others who I know who use IE.  Have you spoken to technical support about this problem?

John L G

• Jenny_9381306
    edited April 2018
    Hi John, Yes, I have had some correspondence with support but no resolution.  Apparently its supposed to take you to a separate Adobe print window is you want to print to pdf but mine doesn't take me to a "print window" where I can choose which printer. 
  • Chris Mil
    Chris Mil Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2018
    Am I to assume Chrome is some new kind of thing not many people use?
    ALT+TAB is a normal Windows function that perfectly works switching between Chrome and other applications. 

This problem stopped when Reckon used another hosting platform that lasted all of a few days a while back. It is a problem with Reckon and should not be foisted on Chrome.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Hi all,
    I just tested this out on Chrome and used the Alt & Tab command to cycle through other open applications while having a new invoice open and it worked as normal. 

I'll add a screencast HERE to show my results but let me know if I'm doing something that you're not.

Thanks guys

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Chris Mil
    Chris Mil Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2018
    Try doing it whilst in a field. For example, making a payment to someone. Whatever field you're in, it will advance to the next field when you return from an alt tab. Repeatable every time.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Hey Chris,
    Just tried it again while inputting data in fields (see my screengrab HERE) and seemed to be fine. 

Is your Chrome up to date? Do you experience the same behaviour when using other browsers?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jenny_9381306

Hello

I am still having problems with this annoying problem...has anyone found a resolve?

Thanks everyone.

• John Graetz

Jenny. I only ever use the Brave Browser when I use Reckon, these days and have been doing so for some years now. I do not experience any problems.

John L G