Emailing Invoices

Roslyn_9745732
Roslyn_9745732 Member Posts: 102
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
How can I check if an email has been sent in Reckon Hosted?  Is there a record of this somewhere?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi ladies - there is a log file that you can download, open and check... if you use the little toolbox icon and click on the download button - then look for the Log folder - and sort it by date - you will see files called QBMailClient_yyyymmdd.log - you can download these files - then open them up (they are just text files)... they will confirm what emails have been sent for that date?  Hope this helps?  cheers Linda
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Linda I'll give that a go :)
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Jo-Anne, I do bcc my address into the email but in this instance I haven't received the copy so wondering if I accidentally put someone else's email address there by mistake!!!
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited October 2018
    Thanks again Linda that worked a treat.  Very strange, I did send the email and bcc it to myself but I have not received a copy of it in my emails ... it must be in cyberspace somewhere ... as long as the recipient has received it I suppose!
  • Linda ABC
    edited October 2018
    Great! - Maybe create a rule in your email program that emails from accountshosted@reckon.com should go into a specific folder?  Then maybe they wont go to junk or wherever they went?  Cheers Linda
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited October 2018
    Still in cyber space!! :)
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited October 2019
    Hi Linda, I am looking for an email that was sent in November and the log files only go back a few weeks.  Is there anyway of getting the older log files?  Thanks
  • Linda ABC
    edited December 2018
    Hi Rosleyn - I just looked at my current login Log Files folder and I have files going back to 2017.... have you tried sorting them by name or by date to see if they are actually there?  alternatively - do you have more than one Hosted login - maybe the emails were sent using that login instead of the one you are looking at now?  there is a Log folder created for each Hosted login ID that you use?
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited December 2018
    No I'm only using one login.  I just sent an email, went back in to the logs and that is now the only one there ... the other three that were there are now gone!!  The only other files there are verify_rebuild_data.logs but they also do not go back very far.  Is there something in the preferences I need to change in order for the QBMailClient logs to be retained?
  • Linda ABC
    edited December 2018
    hmm... sorry - this is a tech support question, I dont know why its behaving differently for you than it does for me - there are no preferences to be set that I know of?
  • Roslyn_9745732
    edited December 2018
    Thanks Linda I'll contact tech support.