reckon 2019 backup issue

Beverly
Beverly Member Posts: 3
I have upgraded from Reckon Personal Plus 2018 to 2019 on two desktops. My main desktop is working fine, however when I restore my file to the second desktop, I can successfully open the file and work on it but when I try to back it up I get an unexpected error, code 7273. I have tried to reinstall the software but it does not make any difference. I have also renamed the file but still get the error message. Can someone please help. Thanks, Bev

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    Hi Beverly,

Which backup option do you have selected when you encounter this?

Also, how long is your file name? If its longer than 8 characters, please shorten it before retrying.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2019
    Hi Rav

Yes this is the way I would backup. The file name is very long, I have never had a problem in the past. My main computer is fine it is just my other pc with the issue. I have renamed the file but I did that after I restored the long file name to my other computer. I had to right click on it in explore and rename. If I clicked on File Operations Rename it says it cannot open or find the file.

So as far as I can see the renamed file works ok but will not back up. I just got the following:
    Unexpected Error: error code 7199.

Until I can save properly I cannot work between two pc's.

Hope you can help pleaseeeeee.
  • st_6872571
    st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2019
    Why doesn't Reckon FIX the 'the filename is too long' problem?.   Also, if you have attachments, it's likely that their filenames will be too long as well, causing further problems.