Unable to install Reckon Account Enterprise

Michael Lee_9771919
Michael Lee_9771919 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi Support

I'm unable to install Reckon Account Enterprise 2018 R1, After successfully entering the Key and selecting the install instance the install closes and no further install windows appear.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Many Thanks, Michael

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Michael,
    Does this occur if you try performing the install again?

Is there any indication the install is being blocked perhaps by an anti-virus solution or other program?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Big Hat
    Big Hat Accredited Partner Posts: 93 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2019
    Hi

Had this issue myself

Was told by Reckon Support to stop the Print Spooler Service then restart

That seemed to resolve my issue so give it a try

John Peppas

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Good call John,

More info on that and additional steps in the below article -

Installation Interrupted when installing Accounts Business

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Pete Nayler
    Pete Nayler Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019
    Hi everyone, I'm also experiencing this issue on several Windows 10 Pro computers. Both previously-suggested workarounds fail to successfully install Reckon Enterprise. Restarting the print spooler doesn't work, nor do the methods linked in the article above.

At the time the installation closes, there is an error logged in the ppplication event log. The source is SideBySide, event ID 35:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\temp\Reckon_Accounts_2018_R2\Reckon_Accounts\setup.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\temp\Reckon_Accounts_2018_R2\Reckon_Accounts\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST" on line 11. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762". Definition is Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

• PeteNayler
    PeteNayler Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    7 months later, I was having the same issue on 2 computers with version 2019 R1. After another few wasted hours attempting all suggested fixes from multiple sources, I inadvertently recreated the problem on a 3rd computer simply by installing MYOB AccountEdge Pro 17.5. Once I removed this product from each computer, Reckon installed perfectly. I could then reinstall AccountEdge afterwards and both applications were happy.

Hopefully this helps somebody in an accounting environment.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Pete, we'll get that support article updated to include the solution which worked for you. 

https://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5599

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Mac Wilson_10275981
    Mac Wilson_10275981 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    This drove me nuts.  Would install Reckon entering the key then the install just dies.  Removing MYOB Edge all works.