Can't read the ATO error message on Reckon portal

Judith Postan
Judith Postan Member Posts: 8
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi,

My STP submission has come back with an ATO error message, but when I click on the link that should enable me to 'view message here' nothing happens.

The only thing I can think of that is different for the last two pays that have the errors on them is that there were uniform deductions.

I read somewhere that a patch may fix this?

Any help appreciated.

Judy

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    Hi Judith,
    Can you post a screenshot of the ATO response at the top of the page after clicking into the pay event itself. You can use the camera icon in the forum reply field to add an image/screenshot.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Judith Postan
    edited January 2019
    Hi Rav, I just logged back in, and this time it came up with the error message. Not sure why it wouldn't before. As I suspected, the problem is the uniform deductions. The error message says item does not match the item type... then the hint is the enumeration constraint failed. I am sure I set up the deduction properly but had read in another post that there is a patch? Sorry. Realised I was answering this email on my phone so couldn't upload the screenshot. Took a photo and added. Hope it works. Judyimage
  • Judith Postan
    edited January 2019
    Hi,

We are running on Reckon Accounts desktop by the way, 2018 version.
    If I need to run updates or anything it would be helpful to know which one and where to find it, as I will have to get our IT people to do it for us, as I don't have that authority. I will need to tell them exactly which update to get, so would appreciate any information.

Judy
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    Hi Judith,
    I think the patch you're referring to is the one listed here however please note, there are only two deduction types that must be reported with STP submissions; Workplace Giving and Union Fees. Other deductions do not. How are your uniform deductions set up in Reckon Accounts?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Judith Postan
    edited January 2019
    Hi Rav,

The item name is Uniforms deduction, the type is deduction and the tax tracking is 'Deductions (Union fees, etc)'

Judy