How do I issue a Payment Summary for 1 employee for 18/19 period?

Julie_9923137
Julie_9923137 Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Payroll Premier
Terminated employee has request Payment Summary to be issued for 2018/19, how do I do this?

Comments

• Nicky Wray
    Nicky Wray Member Posts: 71
    edited January 2019
    If you have been using single touch payroll, they can get all their pay info from their Mygov account
  • Helen Bowers
    Helen Bowers Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2019
    Hi Julie. As Kevin said, issue a payment summary to the termination date just as you would at year end.
  • Julie_9923137
    Julie_9923137 Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2019
    I haven't used Reckon for quite some years, so I am very rusty.
  • Jodie Stevenson
    Jodie Stevenson Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    I need to generate the payment summaries as at 31/12/18 as a new accountant is taking over.  However, the Payment Summary states year ending 30 June 2018 not 2019.  Also I want it for the period 1/7/18 to 31/12/18 however it produces the summaries with pay details up to the 17/1/19.  Can any help me solve these 2 issues?
  • Jodie Stevenson
    Jodie Stevenson Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2019
    This is what I have been asked to do
    "Can you please also ask her to do her wage reconciliations and prepare group certificates for the staff for the period 01/07/18 to 31/12/18. I will then keep these until the end of the financial year and then when I have finalised the group certificates in Xero I will send the staff both with an explanation of why they have two."

• Helen Bowers
    edited January 2019
    Jodie, it seems to me that the change in your organisation is the Accountant, not the employees. They will continue to be paid regardless of the change in financial staff? I presume the same organisation is to keep paying them? You can prepare Pay Reports to 31 December 2018 for the Accountant, but any Payment Summaries you prepare will always be for the full financial year to date and include all the pay runs made. It is only terminated employees that have a part year date on their Payment Summary. If your employees have been paid up to 17 January 2019, then the Payment Summary MUST show this data. Perhaps you should check with your new Accountant as to the reasons why these requests to you have been made?
  • Helen Bowers
    edited January 2019
    Why doesn't the Accountant come into the company and use the next few months to settle in and change accounting systems if he must after 30 June 2019. Why cause all this upset in the middle of a tax year? It seems very strange to me.