RAH API functionality question

Tony Benson
Tony Benson Member Posts: 2
edited September 2020 in Accounts Hosted
complete newbie question alert! sorry
Hi, I am wondering if someone could knowledge share with somewhat please.  I am not a RAH customer but someone I work with is.  Now, I (my company) is wanting better information exchange from one of our suppliers who ?do ?use RAH

My company uses a cloud based ERP solution and I do a lot of working integrating 3rd party services into it via API calls. Mainly for data synchronisation purposes so what I am wondering is, and this assumes that the security token request etc process is correctly configuration,

would I be able to query RAH directly for information relating to my company.  This would mainly be invoices and invoice line item information.  so return all invoices for ACCOUNT X since Date Y via api call

Could I inject work orders directly into RAH via API call?

Overall the idea is smooth data transfer between 2 cloud based systems using APIs but I am not sure about the capabilities of the RAH api inself.  I have pulled down the postman collection but that hard to tell exactly what I could get back without a system to actually query. I know we could go via an intermediary like Zapier but again I am not 100% about the information which could be pushed via zapier

Many thanks for any information received!
Tony

Comments

• Darryl Ross
    Darryl Ross Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2019
    I can't actually answer your question, but my suggestion is to go to this page:

https://reckon.helpdocsonline.com/reckon-api-getting-started

and scroll down to the 'Becoming a Reckon Developer Partner' section, and click on the application form link. Once you have been accepted as a Reckon Developer you will be given a free RAH licence and thus access to your own RAH account to test the api with. 

Hope this helps out a bit.
  • Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Hi Tony,

Thank you for your post and it's absolutely fine to post any question.

As Darryl said, once you become a Developer Partner (if you aren't as yet), you will be provided with documentations on how to connect to a company data file and get/post data to it.

I hope that helps.

Thanks

Ifti
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited January 2019
    And we should add, what you are trying to achieve is completely possible with the API. 

Regards,
    Jason
  • Tony Benson
    Tony Benson Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020
    thank you for the replies.  And my apologies for the appalling grammar and English in my original post!!  I must remember to proof read!! off to sign up as a developer now.   However, 2 following questions if i may

1. really just confirming the 'free' part about the developer license grant; what are the limitations of the grant
    2. would it be correct to say that in order to leverage api calls as an existing customer, that customer would also have to complete the developer sign up as well
    Cheers
    Tony

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited January 2019
    Hi Tony,

1. It's year on year + please read T&Cs. Also shouldn't be used as a LIVE business environment as we can and do shut down / re-open dev accounts from time to time. 
    2. No they do not. When creating the connection, you just need to point the APP to their Reckon Hosted QBW (Company file). They auth using their own ID, and if this does match the ID of the company file location (or an ID that is authorised to have access to that location) you can access the file. ** Note we use oauth2 so you need to be familiar with that. 

Jason