Back-up Failure Reckon Business Range 2018

Bob Roberts
Bob Roberts Member Posts: 3
Have suddenly experienced back-up failure.Instead of the usual successful message we are now getting the message "unable to commit file operation to disk". Would appreciate an explanation and advice as to how to fix.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi Bob,
    Sorry to hear you're having issues with your backup, are you able to run a Verify of your data file and confirm if Reckon Accounts reports any issues?

File > Utilities > Verify Data

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bob Roberts
    Bob Roberts Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2019
    By way of an update, I have resolved the issue. After no issues were identified through verify data, I copied the file, renamed it, did a back-up, restored the back up to a new company file, and all is good.
    However I do have to record disappointment with the standard of service from Reckon support. Having been a Reckon account customer since 2001 and rarely having requested support, the support on this occasion was way below the standard that I had received on my last request which was quite a few years ago. Back then I was contacted by a support officer and was able to exchange with that officer, via emails or phone, information until the issue was resolved.