Reckon Hosted, Automatic timeout, able to switch off?

Joel_9664706
Joel_9664706 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Can I turn off the automatic timeout of Reckon Hosted? It unluckily always seems to be timed out and logged out when I return to the program after 10 minutes or so. It is an issue, when for example, dealing with a customer stock enquiry and adds an awkward and unprofessional pause to the conversation while we log back in...

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Hi Joel,
    Are you referring to being timed out while working in the file itself?

Does your PC go to sleep/hibernate mode in the time that you're away from the program?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Joel_9664706
    edited May 2018
    Hi Rav, cheers mate.

I don't think it is related to PC hibernate or screen switch off. I think it is an automatic feature of RH.

It logs out of the dashboard an displays: Sorry! We had to log you out due to inactivity. 
    login again for security reasons.

Then after a while it shuts down the browser tab running RH.

Can I switch this feature off?

• Joel_9664706
    edited July 2019
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Hmmm ok, I think that particular screen has a limit of approx 20 minutes or so before it times out BUT your file itself should not logout or kick you off unless there is an interruption in your internet connection or if the the PC goes sleep etc.

Are you finding that when you come back to the actual service ie. your file, that it has kicked you out too?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Joel_9664706
    edited May 2018
    Hmm yeah maybe as you say, the computer may disconnect or something from time to time. Dropping out the file seems to be always preceded by the above screen. No problem. Would just be nice to be able to log on once in the morning and have it there all day without logging us out, pending any drop outs. The 20min security feature is not required, our offices are secure. All good.

• Kerrie H
    Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I agree, we need to be able to change the time out to suit individual circumstances.  At the moment I keep a couple of reports open and toggle between the two in the middle of dealing with customers and other roles just to keep the file open and ready for when it is needed.  My office is very secure so I feel that I should have the option to decide when the "time out due to inactivity" is acted upon. 
  • Tara Murnane
    Tara Murnane Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2018
    We have this issue in our office too.  I just tried to see if there was a preference to change but could not find one.  Was a solution ever found to this issue?

• RM
    RM Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2018
    Hi Rav, this timeout function is affecting our workflow badly, what can we do to switch it off or change it to a longer timeout?
  • RM
    edited October 2018
    Hi Rav, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to post this to ensure that you see it.This is copied from my post below. Apologies if I am not doing this correctly.

"This timeout function is affecting our workflow badly, what can we do to switch it off or change it to a longer timeout?"

Cheers, Rob.
  • Rav
    edited October 2018
    RM,
    Are you experiencing the same screen as what Joel has in his screenshot above? 

The launch page is seperate to the actual Hosted service ie. your file. Are you getting timed out of the file itself?
    If it occurs when you're in your file (NOT the launch page), can you specify if this occurs after you've left your file idle/inactive for some time and how long is that duration of time?

• John McGrath
    John McGrath Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2018
    I am also having this problem. If this could be set as a client preference, that would be great.

it is quite slow having to log in and then find a customer query whilst they are on the phone waiting. I have had to tell customers that I will call them back, instead of sorting it when they are on the phone.

The timeout has decreased since the last update.

Regards,
    John McGrath
  • RM
    edited October 2018
    Hi Rav,

Yes it is the same as the screen shot above, it occurs while we are in the file. It seems to be about 20 mins idle while we have Item List and Purchase Orders and or other functions open, when the timeout occurs.
  • Stephanie_8744339
    Stephanie_8744339 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2018
    I have a client badly affected by this as well. 20 minutes is too short, there should at least be an option to turn it off or make the timeout period longer. 
  • RM
    edited October 2018
    Hi Rav,

Is there any update on a solution or workaround for this?

Cheers,
    Rob
  • Danni Gianni
    Danni Gianni Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2018
    yep, another annoyed user with timeouts.....is there anyway to change this?

• Complete Ute
    Complete Ute Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2019
    I too would like to know the solution to the same issue.  We go out on a delivery or similar and come back and need to log in - which if a large report happened to be opened (which we use quite often)when it auto logs out its a long process to get back in.
    We have the same Log Out Due to Inactivity as above??
  • Debbie_9713293
    Debbie_9713293 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    I also have the same issue and then half the time I can't log back into that files as it says that it's being used by another user.
    This has only occurred since the last update
  • Complete Ute
    Complete Ute Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2018
    Can someone please reply - this is a very painful issue
  • HEATHER ASKWITH
    HEATHER ASKWITH Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2019
    I agree,  my boss is going crazy with being logged out,  there does not seem to be an answer from you Reckon people,  very poor.    We have 5 users and it has to be the boss with the frustrating issue,  he pays the bills god knows what he may do.
  • HEATHER ASKWITH
    edited February 2019
    Why has there been no response,  again very poor Reckon.  Can anyone other users tell me if they know of any settings to address this issue , Reckon clearly do not ....
  • RM
    edited February 2019
    Hi Heather, while I saw no fix for this it did fix itself soon after my post. We see two pages in our browser, the first where we log in and the second where we go into the company data. We log out of page one as soon as page two connects. Maybe this will help you. Good luck.

Rob.
  • Rav
    edited February 2019
    Heather,
    Are you being logged out from your FILE itself? Or is it the launch tab (ie. the screen with the Launch button & Control Panel button) that you're referring to?

• HEATHER ASKWITH
    edited February 2019
    From the file itself,  sometimes when actually active in say a PO or away for a minute or so , come back and timed out.  cant be internet as we can have 4 people in same office logged in to own accounts.
  • HEATHER ASKWITH
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Rob  will give that a shot,  hopefully an easy fix,  cheers for your help
  • HEATHER ASKWITH
    edited February 2019
    Hi there,  so we gave logging out of the log in screen a shot,  this has not sorted the problem,  my boss still gets time out, logged out,  4-5 times so far this morning,  any solutions yet Reckon ?  this doesnt happen to the other users,  could it be the computer ?? 
  • Susan Shaw
    Susan Shaw Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2019
    I am also having this problem, is there a solution or is the problem still unanswered? one of our computers times out after 10 minutes or so all day long, have moved to another computer and no problem there.  Does anyone have a reason yet?
  • Crown Connections Australia
    Crown Connections Australia Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2019
    I am also having this issue, sounds like a fix is needed...