Backup problem----to reopen a backup

Lionel
Lionel Member Posts: 18
Using Personal Plus 2018.
I use this for control of my Shares.
In my OSC:all my backups of share price reports have picked up the large  letters AR (account right) thus I cannot open them. How do I delete the AR so that I can transfer onto "stick" and then to desktop computer.

Hope I have been clear and can someone please help.

Regards
Lionel

Comments

• Lionel
    edited February 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Backup problem----to reopen a backup. Using Personal Plus 2018.
    I use this for control of my Shares.
    In my OSC:all my backups of share price reports have picked up the large  letters AR (account right) thus I cannot open them. How do I delete the AR so that I can transfer onto "stick" and then to desktop computer.

Hope I have been clear and can someone please help.

Regards
    Lionel

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi Lionel,
    Sorry, I'm not quite following what's happening at the moment.

Can you please post a screenshot of what you're seeing in Reckon Accounts Personal? (use the camera icon on the form to upload an image file)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• David M
    David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    This looks like a file naming problem, that can best be solved by renaming the file. To do this, go into the directory of your files, find this one, use the "rename" function to delete the offending letters.
    Good luck
    David

• Lionel
    edited February 2019
    Hi Rav
    Cannot find how to screen shot.

In OS(C):>reckonbackupFEB  (the entry is below)

AR  $RR0801E1-20160724_20180704_20190206   RKN File  4000KB

So the file is prefixed by AR which is Account Right (MYOB)
    Thus I cannot open it as it appears to me that the backup is in AR.
    How do I get this backup back into RECKON?

Thanks
    Lionel
  • Lionel
    edited February 2019
    Hi Rav,

Did u see my above response ?

Cheers

Lionel
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi Lionel,
    As David M mentioned below, I'd suggest renaming the file name to something below 8 characters in length. 

As an aside, in regard to the 'AR', are you adding this naming convention yourself?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lionel
    edited February 2019
    hi Rav,
    No, this came on automatically when I did the backup