Can not log into the Reckon Portal

Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931
Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931 Member Posts: 28
edited February 2019 in Reckon One
Hi there,

We are unable to log into the Reckon portal with one of our user's.
We keep getting the error saying that the user name and/or password is incorrect.

This is NOT a new issue, we have had this since the beginning of the STP portal inception. We have had that user ring technical support last year, and all your technical support tried to tell her was that her log in details were wrong.  We know that not to be true as she was already logged into Reckon using that very log in.  However the tech reset the password which let her log into Reckon but again when trying to link with the portal kept giving her the same error message saying the log in details were incorrect!

Can someone please advise how we are to resolve this.

Kelly

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi Kelly,

A common case we've come across is where a user registers for a Reckon Portal account with a Gmail address using the 'regular' method ie. filling out all required details themselves. On subsequent attempts to login the user is selecting the 'Sign in with Google' button under the impression this will work because they have a Gmail address whereas instead they need to manually input their email address and password and click the Sign in with Reckon button.
    I'm not saying that's what is happening with your colleague but its the only common trend we've seen with sign-in difficulties other than simply the credentials being input are incorrect.

There are three options to register/login to the Reckon Portal; Google, Office 365 or regular (filling out your details manually).
    Whichever option is selected for registration when a user creates the account needs to be used from that point onward when logging in.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for your reply, however on this occasion there is no gmail email and this has not been used nor has this account been set up at all as we cannot get logged in at all.  How can we set it up if we can't log in?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Sorry I'm a little confused with the above.
    When you say "this account been set up at all as we cannot get logged in at all", are you trying to create a brand new Reckon Portal account for your colleague? Is that what you're referring to when you say the account has not been set up?

Or are you trying to share an existing Reckon One book or STP entity to this new user?

If the account hasn't been set up, it requires registration first rather than logging in. Is that where you're having trouble?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kelly Leaning-Dalley_9070931
    edited February 2019
    I have no issues logging in to the Portal but I need the portal to be working on the other user account as this is the account that the wages are completed and at this stage the lady who does the wages can't log in to the portal at all to be able to transmit the STP so I have to do it.  It's just a nuisance.

We have had a new server installed and all of our computers wiped, so we have gone through the process of revoking MFA etc so we could set it all back up and mine is working fine.  I have shared the file with the other user and I can see it being successfully shared on my portal but we have not been able to log into the portal at all on the other user to be able to set up her account.

I have been in correspondence with one of your employees last year and he seems to think it is another issue entirely and that I needed to contact technical support to fix it.

• Rav
    edited February 2019
    Right ok, that makes sense.
    Can you send me the following to community@reckon.com;
    • The email address for your colleague's Reckon Portal account
    • The email address for your Reckon Portal account that the STP entity is currently set up on.
    • The ABN for the STP entity in question