Shared Folder Access - NO PRIVACY! how to get rid of it?

Fiona_7520293
Fiona_7520293 Member Posts: 10
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Shared Folder Access.  I was looking at this, and put one file in a 'shared folder access'.  Now, I cannot get rid of the shared folder setting.  The folder lists in the 'Manage Shared Folder Access' section, but does NOT list on the "Selected Shared Folders' even when I highlight it.  So I cant remove it.   In "Share Company File" It doesnt even list on the "selected files to share' list... so I cant remove it from sharing here either.  
I am the ONLY user.  So yeh, I dont need file sharing.  So how do I get rid of it!?!

AND BTW, what about privacy! if i click the 'upfolder' button on the file opening, I can see all the Company Name (client) Shares in Reckon Hosted! I cant open them, but I can see the company names!  hmmmmmm  not good imho.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    HI Fiona - I believe you will need to call Tech Support and they will delete the shared folder for you...

Cheers
    Linda
  • Fiona_7520293
    edited February 2019
    Oh RECKON.....
    It seems they have taken the matter into their own hands and deleted the folder. 

AND MY DATA FILE!  Its GONE GONE GONE!!!!  (Not returned to the directory from whence it came...)

So... Reckon - would you mind please returning my file!  
    I DO have backups (I'm not stupid) but it would be better to use the latest file as I had done some updates etc to it that are not in the last backup.  I did 'download' the file when I'd finished and I've tried uploading it back to the usual directory (UPLOADS fyi) that I use, but it wont open.  Has a directory problem (no kidding) with error "-6177"  The solution for this is useless as I cant manage the Reckon server!

RECKON SUPPORT - please return my file asap. OR provide clear step by step instructions on how to upload the file I downloaded that now wont work in 'unshared' directory. 
    (I've left the directory-challenged-file in my UPLOADS directory if that helps.)
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2019
    Hi Fiona

Check to see if you haven't got a shortcut in your Q drive to your shared folder.  When you create a new share, Hosted automatically moves your file from Q Drive to your new share.

The share will look something like this, only with your own company name instead of mine.  The number at the end is Reckon generated.  Double click on the shortcut and hopefully you will find your company.

Graham 0409317366
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Fiona_7520293
    edited February 2019
    The shortcut WAS there originally but is now GONE-GONE-GONE.  Hence my upset.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi Fiona,
    Can you please give us a call ASAP on 1300 799 150 so we can investigate what is happening here. A technician can initiate a remote support session as well if required.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Fiona_7520293
    edited February 2019
    Yes, I've called tech support. 

Happily the file was still in existence, but all users/access had been deleted.  Tech re-established me as a user on the file, I then accessed it via the shortcut and cut/pasted it into the 'old' folder where I wanted it back to.  I then requested he delete the now obsolete shared folder and he said he'd put that request through. 

He was unable to explain why it had been deleted/disappeared without a call from me as this is apparently the only method of removing shared folders.  

All is well that ends well, but it was a little heart stopping at the time.