Payroll tax not calculating correctly.

Tanah_9298852
Tanah_9298852 Member Posts: 7
edited August 2020 in Reckon One
Hi, I'm having issues with tax when doing pay runs in Reckon one. 

Some weird things about this however, It only calculates incorrectly for Casual employees and it is under calculating not over calculating. How do I rectify this kind of issues, I have double checked all pay items, the PAYG tax, but nothing is out of the ordinary. All is well with the full-time and part-time employees, its just casual. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, Thanks. 

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2020
    Hi Tanah,

When doing the payrun, if you add from and to dates, the payg for casuals will be incorrect.  You don't need to have these dates entered so you can just levae them empty.  then the payg will be correct.

So just remove the lines for your casuals, re-enter them without the from and to dates.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Tanah_9298852
    Tanah_9298852 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2017
    Thanks Shane, that fixes the issue. 

But why are the to and from dates there then? And why only casual?

Thanks, Tanah
  • cas
    cas Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2018
    I have this issue in reckon accounts. I cant get the payroll to calculate for casuals. What am i doing wrong

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited April 2018
    Please reference the new conversation here: Payroll not calculating for Casuals
  • Signature Creations
    Signature Creations Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2019
    I am having the same issue. I have called and emailed with the problem and it hasn't been rectified. I only have casual employees and I'm having to override the tax amount each week. 

• Val Mazza
    Val Mazza Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    the app doesn't allow you to go ahead unless you have from and to dates?