Progamme crash creating a new security.

COR
COR Member Posts: 3
I am using Reckon Personal Plus 2016, the progamme crash when I tried to create a new security. It happened many times before but usually could be done after a few times closing and re-starting the programme. This time it keep crashing. Is that an upper limit with the security list or anything I can do to create a new security. Error code 7032 but this code appears to change every time.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2019

Hi COR,

If you haven't already done so, please Validate and then Super Validate your datafile.

1. File > File Operations > Validate

2. To Super Validate, same steps but hold down Ctrl key with Validate.

Close and reopen Reckon Accounts Personal and retry. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• COR
    edited March 2019
    Dear Ray, thanks for the advice. I have validated the file many times but do not know about super validate until your prompt. Unfortunately, the programmes still crashed despite validating and super validating.  I am using Windows 10 on laptop with i7 processor, 500G HD. The same problem happened with previous versions of window and reckon and older computers. It recovered itself previously but not this time. I have been trying for a number of days hoping that it will do so. Would appreciate further suggestions from the community
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for getting back to me COR,
    Is this only occurring when attempting to create a new security or does it occur when using other areas of the program as well?

Could I ask a favour, are you able to create a new file just for testing purposes and add a new security in the new file and see if it creates normally?
    I just want to isolate whether it may be an issue with the installation or the file.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• COR
    edited March 2019
    Dear Rav, the crash only happens when I attempted to create a new security. The other functions are OK

I created a new file and indeed there was no problem creating a new security

Should I uninstall and install again the file

Thanks
  • Lip Tsin
    Lip Tsin Member Posts: 2

Hi Cor,

I understand your post is a few years old but did you resolve the issue ? I'm using Personal plus 2019 and am also facing the same issue.

thank you