I have downloaded the new 2019 accounts and it will not let me import my iif files, what do I do

Adrienne
Adrienne Member Posts: 6
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
iif file import into new 2019 accounts - retail

Comments

• Adrienne
    edited March 2019
    yes I will attachimage
  • Adrienne
    edited March 2019
    Any Idea's?

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I can import iif with 2019 no issues. So it is either a iif data file issue (did you edit it? was it save correctly as tab delimited file) open it in notepad to see or it is your install. What was your upgrade path? Did you uninstall the previous version? etc. etc..?
  • Adrienne
    edited March 2019
    I have done nothing different except I did not uninstall the previous version (thank god). I have now gone back to the 2018 retail accounts version. I have had to redo all of the work I had done due to restoring a previous back up done before the upgrade. I will not use 2019 until it is fixed.
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    So that is where it goes wrong, a prerequisite of the installation is that you remove all previous versions. 
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Hi Adrienne,

Just to be clear, there are no problems importing IIF files into Reckon Accounts 2019 as long as the file is formatted correctly.

So it seems as though it's either a data file related issue or IIF is not formatted correctly. Could you please try performing a rebuild of your data file (File > Utilities > Rebuild Data) and then try importing the IIF again?

Luke
  • Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited December 2019
    I too am having problems in importing IIF files.  The import starts and after a while an error message says the application must close.  The code displayed is 13656 65589