Ongoing issue with GovConnect

Xin Yi
Xin Yi Member Posts: 5
edited April 2019 in Reckon One
I am fairly new to Reckon, and this has not worked for me from the beginning (except once, and even then there were issues).

Firstly, I keep getting this error: Failed to create subscription. This error has shown up from the very first time I clicked on "Get Started". I raised it with the phone and email support team.

There was one occasion where it seems like I have overcome this hurdle on my work PC. However, in that instance I was unable to add "Reckon One" as a product, and raised it as an issue with the phone support team.

When I next logged onto Reckon, I did it on my personal laptop, and the first issue recurred. I then tried it on my work PC, and the connection reverted back to the first issue. I raised it again with the email support team.

To date, I am still stuck with "Failed to create subscription" and have contacted phone and email support on multiple occasions to no avail. As such, I am trying my luck with the online community.

I am getting increasingly worried that this will not work as the deadline for compulsory STP looms. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Hi Xin,
    Sorry to hear you've had some trouble in getting GovConnect set up for Single Touch Payroll.

Lets try to tackle this to get you up and running. Firstly, the 'Failed to create subscription' message means that the ABN that you're attempting to set up a STP entity for has already been created.
    We've seen this occur on a number of occasions and its usually when a colleague or someone else in the business creates a Reckon Portal account and sets up the STP entity and then either leaves the business without handover or someone else takes over payroll duties and attempts to get everything set up.

I can see a Reckon Portal account with your Reckon One services under the same email address used for your Community account but that doesn't contain an STP entity. Can you give me the ABN that you're attempting to register for STP?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Actually scratch that. I think this might be caused by something else. Let me check in with a few folks internally and see what might be causing this.

Just to confirm, when you click the GovConnect option after logging into your Portal account, does it give you the option to verify your MFA or does it immediately give you that error?
    If it allows you to verify the MFA, I'm assuming it doesn't show your STP entity but rather makes you set up a new STP entity?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Xin Yi
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rav, I am the only person with access and as such the other thing you mentioned shouldn’t be an issue. I do get asked for the MFA and then it prompts me to Get Started. I did get past the Get Started once. But then I wasn’t able to Add Product that one time so it still didn’t work. Did you still need the ABN?
  • Rav
    edited April 2019
    No that's fine. I'm getting our Reckon Portal team to check into it and see why its recurred. I'll come back to you as soon as I get word from the team.

• Xin Yi
    edited April 2019
    Thank you very much for your assistance!
  • Rav
    edited April 2019
    Hi Xin,
    The Portal team have just let me know that this should now be sorted for you.
    Can you log in and confirm when you next get a chance.

Cheers

• Xin Yi
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rav,

I have just tested with my work PC and that works! That's the furthest I've seen it - I can even see details that I can submit.

I will check on my personal laptop when I get home later tonight and provide you with an update either way.

Thank you so much for your help, I should have sought help from the online community earlier!
  • Xin Yi
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rav,

I have just tested at home and the first few times it came up as 401 Unauthorised but after refreshing a few times it worked.

Thank you very much for your assistance again, have a great weekend!