how to edit the payroll amount when they have projects

Benny Liew
Benny Liew Member Posts: 5
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When I key in the basic salary payroll within the hours but i am unable to edit this payroll software. Because it has locked in the automatically. 

I don't want to reverse to the master file for editing basic salary. Can you please guide me how to solve problem this matter?image

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Benny

I am not following can you re-read and re-type, it says when you key in within the hours, then says your are unable to edit payroll.

What part are you trying to edit,the rate or the hours?
  • Benny Liew
    Benny Liew Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2019
    Hello 

I am trying to edit the rate but it is not working. Because it has locked in the hours. 

So i undo the payroll and look the master payroll for edit the basic salary rate. Then I go into the payroll so it works.

I don't understand why it has locked in the system.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Ok, if I have this right it is a salary and you are trying to edit the rate when running the payrun.  This can't happen, salary is locked to the salary imputed on the card file, all you can do is amend the hours or pay item, simply because it is a salary, not an hourly wage, and an employee gets this salary regardless of how many hours worked.  Also if you don't put in enough hours against the salary rate then it will change the rate on the payslip as well.

example:  Gross salary $1000 week for 40 hrs ($25p.hr)

you can use items to make up the 40hrs
                 Salary                  16hrs
          Public Hol. Salary       16hrs
          Annual leave Salary      8 hrs 
       (all total 40hrs - gross is right - rate is right)

If you only put in salary $1000 & 16hrs, it will give you $1000 gross but the rate will be $62.50.

Having said this it also looks like you are using timesheets with salary &/or items.

It may be better if you go to an hourly rate.