Has anyone had the issue of bills entering automatically once you click on the purchase order?

Robyn Ward
Robyn Ward Member Posts: 4
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Has anyone had the issue of bills entering automatically once you click on the purchase order?

I click on Enter Bills and select the supplier. It says they have open purchase orders and when I select the PO, there is a ping & the Bill is automatically entered. I then need to then go to that bill, enter the reference number and change the date. 

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Robyn

I wouldn't call this an issue, this is how it works, if you use P/O once you use the suppliers name on a bill it warns you that there is an open P/O and if you tick next to the P/O it autofills the bill, this is a feature, not an issue.  Then all you have to do as you said is enter a date and a bill ref/

If you don't want to use the P/O then don't tick it, or if you don't want to use P/o turn them off in preferences.

• Robyn Ward
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for your reply. The autofill of the bill is not the issue. It is the automatically recording of the bill without getting the chance to enter a reference number or date that is the issue. I don't think I explained myself well :( 
    edited May 2019
    Hi Robyn

I presume you are on current version but not sure which product, my desktop versions are a couple of years behind, check preferences to see that they have not added a choice to auto record like they have for auto apply credits.
  • Robyn Ward
    edited May 2019
    We are using Reckon Accounts Enterprise: Contractor Edition 2018. There is no preference for auto record of purchase orders. And it doesn't happen every time. 
    edited May 2019
    get onto Tech support, I knew it didn't happen in the earlier versions but as I said my desktop ones aren't up to date .

especially if it doesn't happen everytime.  Just check it isn't something silly like a very sensitive mouse which manages to click even by hovering over the save button.

This I have experienced before, mouse clicked button just by hovering over button on program.
  • Carmen Hamilton
    Carmen Hamilton Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    I've just started to experience this today as well - using Reckon Hosted.

I was happily entering bills for a particular supplier (linking them to POs in the system), when I had 3 bills left to process, then all of the sudden soon as I click on the PO - the bill screen closes with the PO amount saved (which is incorrect as I need to add further detail).  I'm not sure if I accidentally pressed a short-cut or something to make this happen???  I'm at a total loss how to correct it.
  • Carmen Hamilton
    Carmen Hamilton Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    Robyn Ward - have you found any solutions yet?
  • Robyn Ward
    edited June 2019
    Hi Carmen, 

Still happening sometimes. It's not due to a sensitive mouse. Just totally random! I hope someone knows of a solution as it's frustrating :(