What if my internet is down

Kris_Williams
Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited July 2020
    Always make sure you have a current backup that is also kept on your computer, restore it to your free version of Enterprise that you would have on computer and hopefully you wont be long without the internet, make sure to back it up and upload it to Hosted to carry on. It's not to hard.
    Any question please feel free to call me on 0418907140.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    In general terms I have to agree with Kevin and the issue was real for those of us in the Box Hill (Vic) area, where the internet was down for most of Thursday and again for most of Friday morning.  When more than one person has been using Reckon before the loss of the internet, it is not necessarily a good option to go back to a backup from say the previous day, open up Enterprise and then re-enter transactions since the previous backup.  When faced with the need to also process a fortnightly pay run, with knowledge of when the internet might be back, the only feasible option is for almost everybody in the office to go home and work from there where the internet was working.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Kevin.  In this particular case, how will having your own windows server help you if there is no internet available?  On Thursday and Friday, whilst one could personal hotspot to a mobile phone, this did not help either because the internet was totally down.  Having on internet, also meant that no other cloud services were available either. John L G