You cannot open a Reckon Accounts Enterprise file using a non-enterprise product

Sal_10072403
Sal_10072403 Member Posts: 7
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, we have just upgraded to Reckon Accounts Enterprise Accountant Edition 2019 from the same but 2017 version. I have installed it on our computer but when I go to restore from our backup copy the following message comes up "You cannot open a Reckon Accounts Enterprise file using a non-enterprise product" and then I am back to square one.
What the hell do I do - the only reason we upgraded was for STP - this is doing my head in.

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

you get an Enterprise key from Reckon, they will send you one quickly just call
  • Sal_10072403
    edited June 2019
    i have the installation key and have installed the program but cannot restore my data from my old software package to the new one 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Sal,
    I've just had a chat with our Data Recovery team in relation to this and they've advised this could be related to damage to the file header.

Their recommendation is the following;
    • Check if you are still able to successfully restore the company file in your previous 2017 edition of Enterprise.
    • If it opens successfully perform a file integrity check (info here). Follow up and correct on any errors if any are presented.
    • Create a brand NEW backup file.
    • Restore this in your new 2019 edition of Enterprise

Failing the above, you may need to send the file to our Data Recovery team for analysis. More info on the services our Data Recovery team provide here.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sal_10072403
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Rav, I performed the integrity check and it said there was an error, did a rebuild said at the end there was an error and am yet to do the second integrity check, will have to try again tomorrow as I have to leave work for the day. 

• Sal_10072403
    edited June 2019
    Turns out reckon sold me a non enterprise product to replace our enterprise product so they have fixed that up and guess what it worked 
  • Sheree Clements
    Sheree Clements Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    I am using Reckon Hosted and wish to backup data to a compatible enterprise on my computer but can not find a link to download?
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Hi Sheree,

If you have a current Hosted license you can contact the Customer Service Team to receive a license key for the single-user Reckon Accounts Enterprise software.

https://www.reckon.com/au/contact-us/#reckon-accounts-hosted

The software it self can be downloaded via the link https://www.reckon.com/au/downloads-guides/

Regards,

Data Recovery Team