Accounts Hosted suddenly not allowing multiple company files to be open at same time

Jennifer W-H
Jennifer W-H Member Posts: 10
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Suddenly I cannot set multiple company files to be open at same time. I have not had this issue in the past and now, this morning, when I really do need them both open, it's not working. I can open one file, but as soon as I need to open the other, it logs the first file out and closes the session.
Yesterday this worked fine.
Can someone help or advise how to fix this, please?
Thanks so much.

Comments

• Accounts Hanna
    Accounts Hanna Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    Afternoon Jennifer we are having the same issue, have read a conversation this morning and apparently according to Reckon it has always been that you need two licences.  This is definitely not the case as we were working on it yesterday as a multi user. So where do we go from here, do we need to purchase another licence if so how much will it be? If someone can enlighten us that would be excellent as it has made it very difficult at work today.

Thanks
  • Jennifer W-H
    edited June 2020
    Hi Accounts Hanna,

I read the same discussion, but I noticed that is was dated back to 2016 (if memory doesn't fail me).

I remember when I first made enquiries into Accounts Hosted that I made a point of asking if I could have more than one company file open in separate browser windows or tabs at once so I could operate our 2 companies open at the same time - this was very important to our decision to buy the licence. I was told "yes".

I know that the Reckon programs are continually being upgraded and worked on to maintain or improve things, so I am assuming, in light of what I was told, the ability to open multiple companies under one licence is something that had been addressed since that discussion. 

Since this has been working satisfactorily up until this morning, I am thinking that there is a weird glitch happening in the Reckon system somewhere.

I agree about work being difficult today - I've been going nowhere fast. I really hope they haven't rolled the clock back on the usage of this program. I'm going to have a really, really irate (understatement) managing director to deal with otherwise.

I've tried contacting Reckon and was waiting for an interminable time before I just gave up and hung up. I hope Reckon get this sorted out sooner rather than later. And come back to us with some answers.
  • Accounts Hanna
    Accounts Hanna Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Jennifer

If you get any information from them if you could please let us know what we need to do that wuld be great. Try and have a great afternoon.

Thanks
    Sal
  • Susan Shaw
    Susan Shaw Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2019
    I am also having the same problem. We've been using Reckon for years and have not experienced this problem before. The explanation of more licences hasn't been a problem before today. Hope it can be fixed ASAP.
  • BDP Group
    BDP Group Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    I am having the same problem today, driving me nuts having to keep opening previous entity.  Please sort this out asap Reckon Hosted.

Anne-Marie
  • breakfree73
    breakfree73 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2020
    same....crashes with a gateway issue when i try to open a second company file.  also still having problems with the num lock issue...

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    As far as I know that has always been the case, if you logged in with same Hosted credentials on another browser it would close the first browser session and you would be in the same company on the second browser when it opened up ... ie if you only have a single license then you can only have one instance of Hosted running.   

If you login to Hosted via your normal method - then on the first screen, select the black button called Control Panel - when you are in there - click on Manage Users - do you have more than one active user showing?  this might help you to understand what is happening?  A second user license has the same cost as your first user license.
  • Susan Shaw
    edited June 2019
    Our Company has been operating 4 Users on 2 Licenses for a couple of years,  the crashing of the file for the 2nd  user has only just started happening today. So I know that it hasn't always been the case from our previous experience.
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited June 2019
    I dont seem to have any problems but call me to discuss on 0418907140 and we can work our way thru it.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Jennifer W-H
    edited June 2020
    Hi Linda,

What you describe is what is it doing now - and what we don't want it to do - closing the first browser session when you attempt to open a second.

Up until this morning, we were all able to log-in to Accounts Hosted which then (and still does) pulls up the Launch Accounts/Control Panel etc page, hit Launch Accounts and open a company file which would pop up in our browser, (and this is where the problem starts) go back to Launch page, hit Launch Accounts again and open up a different company file in a new browser tab.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2020
    Hi everyone,

To have multiple users access Hosted, each user needs to have their own User ID.
    If you have multiple users attempting to log in with the same Hosted User ID ie. sharing login credentials, only one user will be able to be logged into Hosted at any one time. If a second user attempts to log in using the same User ID, the first user's session will be replaced.
    This also means that only one data file can be open at any one time. If you need to open a second data file, the first needs to be exited prior to the second being opened.

Recently we found an issue where in some cases, Hosted was allowing multiple simultaneous sessions under the same User ID and during our maintenance over the weekend we released an update to Hosted that resolved this issue and brought Hosted back to its normal design & operation.

If you require more than one user to have access to Hosted, each user will need to have their own Hosted License, to add an additional Hosted License, log into the Hosted dashboard, click 'Control Panel', then select 'Add User'.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jennifer W-H
    edited June 2019
    I had the num-lock issue happening for a little bit yesterday too.  I had to reboot my system a couple of times.  Last time 'round, I did a full shut down, left the computer to sit for 5-10 minutes then fired it up again. It seem to come good then.  

I hope it sorts out for you soon.
  • Jennifer W-H
    edited June 2020
    Hi Gerry,

I hope you can help the others who may still be experiencing this issue.  

After seeing your post (I think you snuck it in when I was replying to Linda, so I missed seeing it), I went back and tried the Launch as I usually do and it worked!  I now have my 2 company files open in 2 separate browsers!

I hope everyone with this issue is getting the same result.

Cheers,
    Jennifer
  • Jennifer W-H
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav,

For me, it wasn't about having multiple users.  It was about me (one user) have access to multiple files.

The issue seems to have resolved as it is now operating as it has in the past again (see me post below).

Thanks so much.
  • Jennifer W-H
    edited June 2020
    I think I spoke too soon!  Grr!

Gerry, I may be in contact tomorrow if this hasn't been resolved.  Thank you!
  • Brett David Robson
    Brett David Robson Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    Rav, we have 8 user ID's and about 20 companies.  We do not share User ID's but each user will often have 4 or 5 company files open (in multiuser mode). Being limited to one company file per UID is a HUGE handicap.  It's hard to believe Reckon could make a change like this without notification.  I simply don't understand why, with individual non shared UID's Reckon would limit its users in this way.
  • Susan Shaw
    edited June 2019
    I have been using Reckon for years and always had a 5 User Licence at a cost of $980.00 per annum.  I changed to the cloud approx 2 years ago  purchasing 3 Licenses  for $1800.00 which
    has effectively allowed for 5 users to access the Company File simulaneously.  Now that you have changed the access to the Company File over the weekend, without notice to anyone prior, our cost to access Reckon Hosted will rise to $3660.00, quite an increase in a short period of time!! You have effectively tripled the cost of access, which I don't see how you can justify.
  • Jeanne
    Jeanne Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav

I have 2 licences and have had for almost a year.  We both use the User name for the first licence on the first screen and then separate logins after that. We only have one company so all access is into that company.  I can see the User ID number and Account Name but there is no User name for the second subscription.  I have been on hold to get help for an hour.  We are currently at a standstill and need to get invoices out today.  Please advise me what I am supposed to do.  I don't want to buy a third licence for 2 users. 

I look forward to your early reply.
    Jeanne
  • BDP Group
    BDP Group Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    So that's it Rav? no more responses? If I want to open a 2nd Company file, I have to buy a 2nd licence? Well if that's the case, that sucks! Bad business! Not Happy Rav.
  • Brett David Robson
    edited June 2019
    Sure does suck. It’s making our workflow more complicated, we don’t see ourselves as “freeloading” we have 8 licences and 8 people!! We NEED multiple companies open at the same time to be efficient. Not happy Rav.. very not happy.
  • Jennifer W-H
    edited June 2019
    Not happy here either!  We feel VERY mislead here. And now it's taking 3 times as long to do anything! This need to be fixed and made efficient again, Reckon, or I'm sure there's going to be a LOT of people moving to other accounting packages!
  • Monika Bratownik
    Monika Bratownik Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    I completely support you Guys
    We have 9 entities and even simple intercompany reconciliation is a nightmare now. 

Reckon, please fix it ASAP. We had already enough dramas with new PAYE legislation and lack of adjustments from the software side (note: it is still not fixed!). It's VERY frustrating.
  • Sarah Johnston
    Sarah Johnston Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2019

Hi All, I rang Reckon this morning in regard to the above, they said there was a glitch in the system which they have now fixed, and you should never have been able to open multiple companies at the same time.   They told me that if you want to have more than one company open at the same time (I have three) that I would need to purchase 2 additional licence's at a cost of $670 per licence for one year.   Not happy at all Reckon, when I have 3 payroll's all due on the same day and I have to keep closing down one company to open another.  Just a money grabbing scheme :(
  • Brett David Robson
    edited June 2019
    I always thought Reckon was a bit naf.
    Now I know it is.
    Looking for replacement software before I have to get new staff.. Thats how peeved they are with Reckon.
  • breakfree73
    edited July 2019
    We really appreciated that glitch...can you bring it back please :) 

• breakfree73
    edited July 2019
    thank you.... i have mine back it makes life so much easier and quicker.  Hope it stays :)