Cannot open file after upgrading - error codes: (-6000,-83)

Caterina Maiorano
Caterina Maiorano Member Posts: 10
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have recently upgraded from Reckon Accounts Premier 2013 to Reckon Accounts Premier 2019, but before doing so I copied my 2013 data files into a separate folder labelled QB 2013.  I then went through the process of backing up and upgrading to 2019.  I can open the files ok in 2019 , but when I go back to 2013 I get an error message stating the error code (-6000, -83).  I have tried restoring the files I backed up, but I still get the error message.  Can this be fixed?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    HI Caterina.  I take it that you are  trying to open the 2013 file in the 2013 version.  Is that correct?
    If you are, check to ensure that the path that you are using in the 2013 program is pointing to the correct directory.  It is quite common, in my experience, that when you open up a file in one version of the program, it recognises the new path when opening up the other version.  In other words, when trying to open the 2013 program, are you opening up the file from the 2013 directory or from the 2019 directory?
    John L G
  • Caterina Maiorano
    edited June 2019

Hi John, thanks for replying.  Yes, I am trying to open the 2013 file in the 2013 version.  When I launch the 2013 version it attempts to open the files from the 2019 folders, but I redirect it and I still have trouble.
  • Caterina Maiorano
    edited July 2020

The problem gets stranger .... I can open the 2013 file from a USB stick, but once it goes onto my harddrive I get the error messages.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Wow, Caterina.  That does not make sense at all to me. Here is another option that you could try.  Put the 2019 program icon on the desktop.  Right click it and then click on ?Run as Administrator? and see if somehow that changes anything,  You never know your luck.
    John L G
  • Caterina Maiorano
    edited June 2019

Thanks John, I tried running 2013 as an Administrator and still no luck.  I can open them OK in 2019.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited September 2020
    Copy the file from the USB drive to the desktop and see if you can open it from there