cant get capitals to work

13»

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Anita,
    That issue isn't on our end and isn't related to any Hosted maintenance.
    The ATO's SBR2 service which handles STP transmissions is down and they're working to restore it at the moment. If you'd like more info, see the ATO SBR website HERE.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anita Morton
    Anita Morton Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2019
    Thank you, apologies, will try again later: 
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Hi Stacey, when you cleared your cache - did you check that it was clearing it for All Time (Chrome & Opera), or Everything (Firefox)?  IE doesnt give you this option.  Does the problem persist if you log in with a different browser?
  • Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Is the number keypad thing still being looked at?

My issue with CAPS has resolved after clearing out my cache - but my number pad still won't work. Makes adjusting stock horrible! - I am using Chrome on a Mac with Hosted as was recommended to me last time I had to contact customer support about an issue.
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    thought I would try Edge to see if it would fix the problem, RAH not responding, so that idea didn't work.....two days now Reckon, are you any closer to fixing this problem. It really is unacceptable that we pay a premium for this software and now this......
  • Stella Shen_10071072
    Stella Shen_10071072 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2019
    Sometimes the number pad is working with Edge~ 
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    I can't even get into RAH using Edge...
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    i Jo-Anne.  I am using Opera today and everything seems to be working fine.
    John L G
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    what is Opera? I have never heard of it.
    We shouldn't have to keep changing browsers to see if it works. 
  • John Graetz
    edited June 2019
    Jo-Anne.  Opera is another browser which has been around for many years.  It is apparently based on the Chrome platform.  Whilst it might not be very palatable to have to swap browsers, to see it if works, when there is a problem like this, swapping is better than not being able to do anything.  As I said, Opera seems to be working quite ok for me today, with the advantage that copy/paste is also working ok.
    John L G
  • Viv A
    edited June 2019
    Just refreshed everything and logged out etc. and my numbers are back !!
  • Viv A
    edited June 2019
    NOPE! Spoke too soon. Seems like it only works in some fields. Not working when entering in orders - but when using the pop up to find an Estimate number, it works there.... ??
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2019
    I have been using Opera has my default browser for several years - I find it gives me much less hassles with Hosted issues and its fast and reliable.  It recently had an update which has improved it further..  Cheers Linda
  • Stacy
    Stacy Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    Hi.
    I am using chrome & yes i cleared the cache for all time. I have tried using internet explorer & have the same issues. Thanks Stacy
  • Jane Birch
    Jane Birch Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2019
    Good Morning Rav
    How are we going with this issue? Any progress????
    We're into day 3 now & still having problems, most frustrating for our invoicing & accounts department!
  • JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    My subscription is up for renewal, I am requesting a discount. Three days and not being able to use software at it's peak, is a bit ordinary
  • Viv A
    edited June 2019
    Just a note - I have noticed this morning that when entering a customer payment , on the number keypad - all of the functions work ie. +; - ; *; the Enter key etc. It's just the actual numbers that aren't working.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2020
    Good morning all,
    Our Hosted team have been working with our platform partner to determine a solution and we'll be testing a potential fix today.
    Depending on the results of testing we'll then move on to deploying it to the live service environment however please note, doing so will more than likely require a brief outage of Hosted services so we need to work out how and when this can happen.

First things first, we need to get through testing and see if it gives us the outcome we're all looking for.
    I'll let you know the outcome of this once the team have completed the required work on this.

In the interim, the workaround I mentioned above is still working which is that the 'Pause' button will re-enable the keypad however it needs to be pushed each time you enable caps lock. Alternatively, click Shift and a keypad number then let go of Shift and click the keypad and it will work.
    Fully appreciate its not exactly convenient and not something you should have to do, we haven't given up on this and I'll keep you posted with progress.

Thank you all for your patience.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• breakfree73
    breakfree73 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    thank you, appreciate the update on this problem :) 
  • Sonya Herbert
    Sonya Herbert Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I had issues with the NUM Lock numbers not working all day yesterday, and again today, as well as capitals not working the day before.  Was using firefox, now i've opened in GOOGLE and the num LOCK ISSUE gone. I find this happens alot, as well as the TAB-ing through going backwards - only thing that fixed it was changing internet browser changes, then a few months later, change back. Weird.
  • Sonya Herbert
    Sonya Herbert Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    scrap that idea with GOOGLE - worked for about 10 minutes, now NUM LOCK not working again - even using Google - WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?
  • John Lee_10073739
    John Lee_10073739 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    It isn't GOOGLE's fault we have tried Internet Explorer still having the same issue. We can't use numbers or caps on all 3 of our computers.... RECKON WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS ISSUE.... END OF Finical Year is a complete night mare.... NOW.. NEVER EVER USE ON LINE EVER AGAIN
  • John Graetz
    edited June 2019
    Hi John.  In some defense of Reckon, my observation is that this issue is not affecting everybody and therefore it would seem to be some sort of environment issue.  I used the Edge Browser on Monday without any dramas, the Opera Browser yesterday and the Chrome Browser today, again without any problems being experience so far.

I don't know what equipment anybody else might be using, but in my case it is a wired USB keyboard and there are not problems using that, for me.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited June 2019
    My opinions have now changed somewhat.  I began experiencing problems using Chrome (different computer to yesterday), so switched to Opera.  Now the problem is occurring here too.  However, my experience is a bit different as to when this might occur, as described by Rav above.  The numbers keypad is going off without having any involvement with using the Caps Lock.  What has worked for me to correct this is to simply hit the Pause button and back she comes.
    John L G
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi everyone,
    I'm very sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately our testing today has shown that while the software change remedies the problem with the keypad, it also completely breaks the caps lock function at the same time.

The Hosted team are going will have further discussion with our platform partner overnight and hopefully have some further progress which I can report to you following this.

I'll keep you posted everyone.

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the update Rav!  fingers crossed I havent had the issue recur since clearing my cache files... but then I am still using Windows 7... 
  • Ross Stephenson
    Ross Stephenson Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    same here ! A real pain !!!!
  • Jane Birch
    edited June 2019
    Appreciate the ongoing work to resolve.
    In the meantime the pause button is a perfectly good short term remedy which has lightened the frustration in our office ;)
    Thanks 
  • Rav
    edited March 2020
    Hi everyone,
    The Hosted team have continue work on this and while investigations are continuing, we made a change yesterday afternoon which has given us some successful results but would like to get your feedback to see if you have the same experience.

If you are logged in to Reckon Accounts Hosted, can you please exit your file and (IMPORTANT) log out of Reckon Accounts Hosted (Settings > Logout). Close your browser and then log back in and confirm if the keypad is functioning normally after this.

Let me know BELOW this post if there is any change or not.

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    edited June 2019
    Morning Rav, what do you mean by log out of Reckon Accounts Hosted (Settings>Logout)?
  • Jo_9196492
    Jo_9196492 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav, sorry no, not for me (using Chrome)
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Jo -
    If there's no change for you after doing the above, can you do me a favour and clear your browser cache one more time. Ensure that you select the 'All time' option when doing so, more info here.

Jo-Anne -
    By logout, I was referring to this screen -

• Jo_9196492
    Jo_9196492 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav, sorry for late response - yes all good so far after clearing cache.
  • Jane Birch
    edited June 2019
    We are all good so far, will let you know if any changes. 
    Thank you for all your communication Rav
  • Viv A
    edited June 2019
    We're all good now. Thank you.