Open two data files at once function has been disabled?

Gemma
Gemma Member Posts: 60
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Up until today I have been able to log in to two separate data files at the same time using the same login details. We are using Reckon Accounts Hosted. 

Today I am not able to do this and neither is my colleague who was also able to do it previously.

Will this feature be available again as it is extremely useful? 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Gemma,

To have multiple users access Hosted, each user needs to have their own User ID.
    If you have multiple users attempting to log in with the same Hosted User ID, only one user will be able to be logged into Hosted, if a second user attempts to log in using the same User ID, the first user's session will be replaced.

Recently we found an issue where in some cases, Hosted was allowing multiple simultaneous sessions under the same User ID and during our maintenance over the weekend we released an update to Hosted that resolved this issue.

If you require more than one user to have access to Hosted, each user will need to have their own Hosted License, to add an additional Hosted License, log into the Hosted dashboard, click 'Control Panel', then select 'Add User'.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Gemma
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Rav for your reply.

The ability to be in two different company files at once was a really great feature though - why would this be disabled? 

Each user does have their own ID, we are paying for that ID and I don't see why the ability to see multiple company files at once would be disabled. 

Instead of having to log in an out and in and out to view two different companies you could view both at the same time.

Can Reckon reconsider this update as it causes inefficiency?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Each user does have their own ID, we are paying for that ID...
    Just to clarify the above, is each user logging into the Hosted service itself (ie. logging on this page) with different user ID's or are they sharing the same login and accessing the same data file? This is completely different to a login set on the company file itself.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Gemma
    edited June 2019
    Each user is logging onto that page with their own unique User ID.  No-one is sharing a login.
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Oh I'm really sorry, I've completely misunderstood your initial post.
    So, what you and your colleague are doing is logging in with your own individual logins but then opening a company file at the same time using multi-user access correct? That is totally fine and shouldn't be a problem.

I think what I misunderstood is that you mean previously any one individual user was able to open MORE than one company file in the one session without closing the first correct? This ties in with the solved issue in my first reply above, only one file can be open at any one time in a session. You can have the same file open and being worked on by multiple users provided they have their own individual login/multi-user access however you can only have one file open at any one time, the existing file needs to be closed prior to a subsequent one being opened.

• Wilma
    Wilma Accredited Partner Posts: 46 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav,

I agree with Gemma.  I have a client that have 4 company data files.  She was able to log in to hosted using the same user id 4 times to open and keep open the 4 different data files.  This made her work load so much easier when going from one company file to the other.

Sorry to see it go.
  • Gemma
    edited June 2019
    Morning everyone, I've just tried this again and it's working. I can now login under one user ID to two different company data files.  Brilliant.  Makes life so much easier.  
  • Gemma
    edited June 2019
    Now it's not working again.  I've been logged in under my profile in two different company data files all day and suddenly Reckon Hosted has booted me out. Why is this happening again?
  • Gemma
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav

We were able to have multiple files open at one time per user login (as per Wilma's example above).

This function has been working in the last year that I have been working with Reckon Hosted.  It stopped working the other day hence I posted my question.  The next day when I tried again it was working.  Now it's not working again.

Can something please be done to reinstate this feature?  Who can I contact at Reckon to discuss?  

As Wilma notes, it's much easier to do your work if you can have multiple data files open at once rather than having to log in and out each time which is extremely onerous. 
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Gemma & Wilma.
    Thanks for this, as for why it worked for you the day after isn't something I'm aware of and to be honest, it shouldn't have so that's a bit puzzling.

I've had a chat with our Hosted product team and passed on the feedback on your needs for a single user to have access to more than one file open in a single session. Its something that the team can look at in future however at this stage is highly intertwined with the issue of simultaneous sessions being open by a single User ID which has been now been resolved.
    Historically, the current way is the 'normal' way Hosted has operated over the years however it looks like the previous issue was live for a little while which is why it might have seemed like such an abrupt change last week. We're always open to feedback and if a function like this enhances your workflow/productivity, then its something our wider teams will consider and for this there are certainly a number of considerations to factor in.
    At this stage, its not something that will change in the short term but if there is any further news on this I will let you know.

• Wilma
    Wilma Accredited Partner Posts: 46 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Rav,
    It is certainly something I would like to see come back.  I have been using it for over 12 months now and never had any issues with it.
    It makes my work days so much longer now without it.

Hope it comes back real soon.
    Wilma
  • Gemma
    edited June 2019
    Thank you Rav, appreciate your feedback.
  • Jan_9716332
    Jan_9716332 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    I am also very disappointed that this feature has gone. I work on 3 companies in Reckon; it was so handy to have all three open - with the one log-in - and access them all from the task bar. Now I have to log out of on to open another. NOT HAPPY JAN!
  • Jan_9716332
    edited June 2019
    I am also very disappointed that this feature has gone. I work on 3 companies in Reckon; it was so handy to have all three open - with the one log-in - and access them all from the task bar. Now I have to log out of on to open another. NOT HAPPY JAN!
  • Donna Schar
    Donna Schar Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    I have to agree with everyone's comments. I work on 3 companies and have to log out of each one and write down the information I need each time as I now cannot toggle between them. It would be greatly appreciated if it could be looked into as it is now taking twice as long to get the work done. 
  • Gemma
    edited August 2019
    Hi Rav, I don't suppose there is any update on the ability to have multiple company files open at once? As per comments from other users on this thread, it's incredibly frustrating to be able to open only one file at a time.  I'm sure we'd all appreciate if Reckon could re-enable this feature. 

• Jan_9716332
    edited August 2019
    I second that!!