Error message on upload to portal

BRYAN MOLNAR
BRYAN MOLNAR Member Posts: 7
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Using Reckon Enterprise Retail 2018 desktop. STP worked last payrun but this time I have tried to upload the STP file, but the Portal gives an error message "instance.PayrollEvent.PayrollDetail requires property "TotalGross", instance.PayrollEvent.PayrollDetail requires property "TotalPAYG"

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Bryan - have you downloaded the .json file and opened it with notepad, then checked if there are any fields called the above names that are empty?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Bryan,
    This message usually comes up when there is a mismatch between the file types between the STP pay event export file in your accounting software and the submission you're putting into GovConnect.
    To put it a bit more simply, you may have chosen the 'Full File Replacement' or "Update" option in GovConnect STP whereas the pay event was just a normal one ie. not created as a Full File Replacement in your accounting software.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• BRYAN MOLNAR
    edited June 2019
    I think you might be right. I clicked full file replacement - just thinking I should click one of them and chose the most pertinent!!
    I have re-run the STP and it lodged "pending", so I will wait and see.

Many thanks 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Bryan, shouldn't be a problem now but let us know either way.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• BRYAN MOLNAR
    edited June 2020
    T\I have now gone to the portal to check it's all been processed ok but there is an error message
    "ATO STATUSError: Please click here to view ATO response messages"

When I click "here" to see the ATO response message, nothing happens

What should I do now??
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Brian,
    Can you post a screenshot of the full ATO status message at the top of the page when you click the 'Detail' link for this pay event.

• Rav
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Brian,
    I'll ask our STP team if there's any info they can give me on whatever error is causing this.

Just to confirm, when you hit the "Please click here to view ATO response messages" link, does anything load at all ie. a new browser tab etc or nothing at all?

(Also, I've deleted the screenshot just so the additional data on that screen isn't visible)

• Anne Simmons
    Anne Simmons Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2019
    I am having the exact same problem, but using payroll premier.
  • BRYAN MOLNAR
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Rav - just to confirm that clicking "here" does absolutely nothing.

But I have just received a letter from the ATO today telling me I haven't registered my software ID with them - so this could be the problem!!

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav - could the problem with clicking Here and getting nothing be a pop-up blocker issue?
  • BRYAN MOLNAR
    edited June 2019
    Pretty pointless having software that blocks pop ups if it needs to handle pop ups??
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Linda,
    I'm not actually sure if this is actually what's happening in this instance but it certainly could be an explanation.

Bryan, when you attempt to click that link, do you get an indication in Chrome to say its blocked anything? It'll look like this in your address bar -

In regard to the Software ID, yes this is crucial and pay events will not be accepted by the ATO without it being registered.
    If you need info on how to do this, you'll find info here -

Where is my Software ID for GovConnect Single Touch Payroll (STP)?

Single Touch Payroll - AUSkey and Software ID FAQ's

• BRYAN MOLNAR
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav,

definitely no blocker. But I have registered my ID etc etc now and uploaded the last payroll. I will advise if it gets rejected again.
  • BRYAN MOLNAR
    edited June 2019
    OK Rav - the lack of registering my software id was the problem. I have checked my last submission and it has been accepted by the ATO - 

Thank you for all your help in this matter.
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Good to hear, thanks for letting me know Bryan.