STP Report

Jen Jones
Jen Jones Member Posts: 4
edited June 2019 in Payroll Premier
I recently discovered that one of the employees had the wrong super annuation details in a STP report sent to the ATO. I have corrected the details in payroll premier so do I have to relodge the STP report to the ATO? What steps do I need to take to resend or I don't have to bother? Thanks.

Comments

• Helen Bowers
    Helen Bowers Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2019
    Hi Jen. Correct the report, run the report again. Then tick the Update button. Then export as usual. Upload the report again in Reckon GovConnect portal and select an update to the first report. Follow the prompts and mominate the report you are updating. Hope this helps. You must always correct the report if it contains any errors.
  • Jen Jones
    edited June 2019

Hi Helen. Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I have logged into Reckon Single Touch Payroll and when I followed the prompt to update an event, I upload it and then nothing happens. It doesn't show me the prompt which report I want to update.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    Jen I think that happens when you submit the report.
  • Jen Jones
    edited June 2019
    Hi Helen.  I have another question. It looks like I submitted an update payroll run but the dollar value is showing $0.00 for the updated report. Is this right? Sorry to bother you but I don't have a lot of experience with STP reports. I thought the uploaded report would show the new figures.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    Jen. Did you check the payroll run before exporting? Then always check the export file to ensure it is the latest. Good way to do this is to check the time and see that the export file is about the same time as you exported it. Once on the Reckon Portal did you check the details before lodging to the ATO?