Copy Memo to Description Field

Jane SouthernJane Southern Member Posts: 11
edited July 2019 in Accounts Personal Range

H&B Desktop is there a way to copy all my Memo field data into Description? I have about 3,000 of them?

Comments

• Jane SouthernJane Southern Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2019

When I import data all the Payees go into the Memo field and id like them to be in the Description field.
    Thanks for replying
    edited June 2019
    Ok,,, Yes I am doing pretty much same as you now. I was just trying to tidy up some previous years and thought there may be a quicker way than individual copy/paste. Even if there was a way to sort by memo would help,,, oh well.
    edited June 2019

Thanks Dave ,,, will give it a go
    edited June 2019
    I am quiet happy with H&B it is able to do most thinhs i ask of it. However I've always had this issue of how to get a large number of memo entries into the description field. I've being using your idea above and after a full day made hardly a dent in things. I have most of the data in qif format also. And thinking Maybe I can get this into a spreadsheet somehow,,, then back to qif and back into H&B hopefully with all othet data remaiming intact .. Any thoughts or help on this ?
    edited June 2019
    I am quiet happy with H&B it is able to do most thinhs i ask of it. However I've always had this issue of how to get a large number of memo entries into the description field. I've being using your idea above and after a full day made hardly a dent in things. I have most of the data in qif format also. And thinking Maybe I can get this into a spreadsheet somehow,,, then back to qif and back into H&B hopefully with all othet data remaiming intact .. Any thoughts or help on this ?
  • Data RecData Rec Reckon Staff Posts: 807 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Jane,

There are both free and chargeable CSV (spreadsheet format) to QIF converters which may assist you.

Example: search for "Free Online Converter CSV to QIF" or "convert CSV to QIF"

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

Regards,

Reckon Data Recovery Team

You can request assistance via the case request web form below.

https://www.reckon.com/au/data-services-request/

edited July 2019
    Thanks Guys,,, will do.