Payment Summary error

Kali
Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Payroll Premier
Payment Summary error in Payroll Premier.

I have an employee who has never been paid an allowance and when i print a pays report of her wages for the year, no allowances is shown.

If i print an allowance report, no allowance is shown.

If i print the reconciliation report, no allowance is shown.

YET when i print her payment summary a figure of $112.00 is entered in the box?? However, doesn't list a description of the allowance.. anyone had this before?! So frustrating!!

On a side note, I also hope the 2019-20 version fixes the glitch of having to manually change the tax to 0.01 of a non-taxer payer to allow a payment summary to be printed.

Comments

• Helen Bowers
    Helen Bowers Member Posts: 97
    edited April 2020
    Kali go to the employee fetails and vheck the allowance tan. Ensure there is no amount there. Afraid I do not understand the 0.01 tax you refer to.
  • Kali
    edited June 2019
    Hi Helen,

There's definitely no allowance set up in her employee file.

The glitch i'm speaking of is very well known to Quicken, it's been around for years. If an employee has no PAYG paid throughout the year, the payment summary will not print or email. You have to manually adjust one of their pays to include 0.01 of PAYG, then it will print.

Cheers,

Kali
  • Kali
    edited April 2020
    Hi Helen,

FYI - i have spoken to Reckon and it's another "bug". They've given me a work around.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
  • Kali
    edited April 2020
    P.S my brain is currently fried.. for me this next pay cycle is WE 29/6 but because it's physically not paid to the employees until Monday (1/7) it falls into 2019/20 FY as per ATO legislation... so i would need to process this under the new software with the new tax tables right?
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    Kali. You are able to process the pays for 29 June and elect to actually pay through the bank on 1 July 2019. It simply means that you have an accrual that will cancel out when they are actual paid to the employees. it does not alter the fact that their last pay was 29 June. This pay will then be included in the EFY update sent to the ATO.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    The 2019/20 Payroll Premier is available now. I have updated my payroll, run the final pay process for 2018/19 and uploaded to Reckon Portal. I have submitted successfully to the ATO, and just to help, there will NOT be any amounts showing in the main bar. If you click on details, then you will see ALL the employees throughout the 2018/19 year with their gross amounts. If you think about it, why would there be any amounts in the top bar, as you are simply submitting EFY data that the ATO already knows but wants to reconcile. Hope this helps.
  • Kali
    edited April 2020
    Sorry, Helen i'm not following. The ATO states the following:

End of financial year payments to employees: If salary and wages are accrued in the current financial year (prior to 30 June) but paid in the following financial year (on or after 1 July), the full amount of the payment will be taxed at the following financial year's tax rates and included in the following financial year's payment summary.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    No Kali, that is not correct. It is as I have set out. You must accrue the wages and also the PAYG for later payment. These amounts rightly belong to the current FY.
  • Kali
    edited April 2020
    Helen - that is straight from the ATO website.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    That would only be the case is your payroll week started 29 June and then ended on 5 July (being paid 1 July). That is an entirely different scenario.
  • Kali
    edited April 2020
    Hi Helen,

The pay i am speaking of runs from 23 June to 29 June and paid 1/7. I have confirmed with two accountants and the ATO how i have processed is correct but thank you anyway.

Cheers,

Kali
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    Reading the ATO example carefully means your final date of payment for 2018/19 was in fact 24 June 2019. The days following this date will then be included in 2019/20. Why would you not make the bank payment then on 30 June, after all you are holding employees money for a few days if their week finishes on 29 June? Then there is only one day to accrue!
  • helen stevens
    helen stevens Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Kali I absolutely understand you frustration and annoyance I am yet to be able ‘to make contact with’ Reckon to sort out a software program going back weeks - Phone lines @ capacity!