Additional tax option in Employee set up not calculating

Meryl Bryan
Meryl Bryan Member Posts: 1
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
I've got an employee that wants to pay additional tax and I've put the additional tax percentage in as required but it isn't calculating in the pay run. Any ideas as to where I've gone wrong? 

Comments

• jennifer byrne
    jennifer byrne Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2018
    Go into employees centre, click on the employee, then click on payroll and compensation, then taxes and you will see a box for extra tax, just put an amount in there and Reckon will take out extra every pay run. If it is a percentage not sure. That person may just have to nominate an amount
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Welcome to the Reckon Community, Meryl.

The operation of the Extra Tax field is configured according to ATO instructions.  When a percentage is entered, Reckon One will compare it to the selected Tax Scale and use the higher rate.  

You should only opt for a lower tax rate on a written instruction from the ATO, and then select the Tax Scale Voluntary/Flat rate.

Otherwise, only an Amount entered in the Extra Tax field will be processed.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.
  • Neil Johnston
    Neil Johnston Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019
    John,

We have a staff member coming off materity leave.  She will be working 1 day/week for a few months and building up over the 12 months to 3 days or more.  With only paying one day a week  - there is no tax being deducted and the employee wants deductions made.   I have gone into her card and under the tab "payroll and compensation info" - Taxes...  I have entered addtional tax as a 9.5% but nothing is happending when I do the payroll run.  What I am doing wrong?
    Regards,
    Neil
  • DMACRomaRegina
    DMACRomaRegina Member Posts: 4

Does the Extra Tax amount show as a separate line in the pay detail for the employee ?

If I enter $3.00 does it take $3.00 or 3% ?

Thanks

Paula

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

However you enter it, use either a $ or % symbol. The tax will be added to normal tax, not shown separately

• DMACRomaRegina

Great thanks Kris

Oops no that doesn't work - error invalid character

• DMACRomaRegina

Looks like a separate box for % so I'll go with 3.00 in the first box, fingers crossed

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Are you referring to Reckon One or Reckon Hosted?

• DMACRomaRegina

Helo Kris - Accounts Hosted

• Kris_Williams

Ok sorry for the wrong advice, that was for Reckon One because you posted your question under the Reckon One heading. Glad you’re all sorted