How do I change my MFA Authenticator to another phone or to my PC?

Michelle Bayne
Michelle Bayne Member Posts: 6
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
How do I change my MFA Authenticator to another phone or to my PC? It was originally set using a colleagues phone, (not realising this would be required for every log in) now every time I need an MFA code to upload my STP file, I have to wait for my colleague to be in the office. Will be very difficult if he goes on holidays.....Is this an option beyond the original MFA set up - Thanks ?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2020
    Hi Michelle,

You've got a couple of options

You can either revoke the current MFA from within the Reckon Portal account settings, however you'll need the original Authenticator to do this ie. your colleague, and then set it up on a more common phone.

OR...

Now that sharing is available for STP, if you set up your own Reckon Portal account and your own MFA you can have the STP tile shared to you so that you can continue working on if/when your colleague is away.

Check out this post for more info on this -

Single Touch Payroll (STP) sharing is now available!

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michelle Bayne
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav,
    I appreciate your prompt reply.
    I  do have my own Reckon Portal account and all transactions are actually done via my account and log in, I have already successfully shared my tile with my colleague (as he will be my back up when I am away) but as mentioned the the original QR scanning process for my account and MFA authenticator app was done on his phone (two separate ones for both of our accounts) I cannot access my own account now without his assistance he has to give me my MFA number.
    Can I set up another Authenticator App on my phone (or PC)  when I fundamentally already have one on another phone?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Yes you can accomplish this but it will require you to revoke the current MFA for your account which is set to your colleague's phone first and then set up MFA on YOUR phone for your account.

You'll need your colleague with you to do this since the MFA for your account is set on his phone.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michelle Bayne
    edited July 2018
    I will give this a try.
    Appreciate your help.
  • Casey Farrell_9737511
    Casey Farrell_9737511 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019

Hi Rav,

I have a similar issue being that I have gotten a new phone. The original phone the Authenticator was set up on is no longer in my possession. The new phone has downloaded the Google Authenticator but I dont know how to connect the new phone to the MFA. Could you help me with this?
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Hi Casey,
    I'm guessing that you weren't able to revoke MFA from the original device before updating to your new phone?

If that's the case, then you'll need to get in touch with our support team so that we can revoke the current MFA that is set on your Reckon Portal account after a security check and then you'll be able to set up MFA using the Authenticator on your new phone.

• Annie_9861892
    Annie_9861892 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    I am in the position of having a new phone. When I revoke the previous phone's access, will it give me a barcode or key to scan into the new phone?

• Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Annie,
    Yes, after you've successfully revoked the existing MFA you will need to setup MFA again on your new phone. At this point you can choose to either use Google Authenticator or SMS as your authentication method.

• Lyndal Gray
    Lyndal Gray Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav, I am wanting to update the phone number for the MFA, but see no option to revoke the current MFA in our account settings.  Are you able to provide a step by step procedure?
  • Lyndal Gray
    Lyndal Gray Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2020
    I found that the process you have given is unnecessary.  Simply log on to Reckon Portal and go to GovConnect.  Top right corner, choose profile.  From there you can edit the number, which will want the authentication code.  Edit the number and authentication code will be sent to the new number, then verify.  Simple.  Your procedures are not helpful

• Mei
    Mei Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    I did not see the REVOKE button when I logged in. It goes straight to "Pay runs". How can I change the authentication phone number then? Thank you.
  • Nathan Elcoate
    Nathan Elcoate Accredited Partner Posts: 162 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2020
    HI Lynda, is that with SMS? Google Authenticator is different.
  • Mario_10087432
    Mario_10087432 Alumni Posts: 55
    edited February 2020
    Hi Mei, 

If you know your recovery PIN or have access to your current MFA, you can login to portal.reckon.com, go to 'Profile' and change your phone number. 

Alternatively, if you are eligible for tech support, call us on 1300 137 657 and our support team can assist you in revoking MFA (you do not need your recovery PIN, but you need to establish that you own the account by answering a few questions).