2019 Personal Plus History

Lee_9905477
Lee_9905477 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2019 in Personal Plus and Home & Business
Hi, We have been subscribing to Personal Plus since 2000. I have not been finalising each year and therefore I believe that is why I have lost some share prices and history.  I tried copying .QPH files. do they have to have the same name and can you paste more than one file?  I seem to have an awful lot of them?

Can I finalise or produce an end of year report this year for all those previous years or should I go back and do an end of year transaction for each year since 2001?
thanks
Lee

Comments

• Lee_9905477
    Lee_9905477 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Dave
    I don't seem to be able to keep one file going.  So I have back ups all over the place from changing PC's etc.  I do not know which .QPH file is the oldest??
    I was assuming if I had produced an end of year copy each year that would have saved all the share price info.
    I do not know how to keep one single file going.
    for some reason at the moment I am using a file called 'Personal 2019' but it seems to be in a folder called BACKUP.  I realise you are unable to assist with my saving system. 

So my question is how many .QPH files can i copy and paste with my current file?

then there is the End of Financial year issue?

thanks
    Lee
  • Peter Jenke
    Peter Jenke Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Diver Dan.  I've been using Reckon/Quicken since 1990 and never realised I could right click on a security to see the share price.  I have always accessed prices by opening the share detail view.  Thank you.  And no, I don't take any year end action and have the full 29 years of data available.  I've always got regular back-ups I can go back if I do get into trouble to so I'm not sure I understand why there should be an issue.  And yes, I use dates to define any period I wish to report.