cant download 2019 upgrade- error is "failed - disk full"

Administration / finance Officer
Administration / finance Officer Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Error Failed Disk Full when trying to upgrade to premier 2019 from 2018image

Comments

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hard Drive Full, Check the space you're downloading to.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Problems with downloading the updated program, because your hard drive is full, has nothing to do with your Company data file.  In other words, there is nothing in the download process which will kill your data file.  Unfortunately, it seems that you took steps last year which were not necessary and despite this, based on what you have said, it is quite likely that your old data file is still on your computer unless of course you ran out of disk space with that one too.  The lesson here is that ideally, you should be doing a backup of your company file data to an external source, as the last step before you shut down your computer for the night.
    John L G 
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2019
    In addition to John's suggestion - if you are not confident of your understanding of your system and the process of installing software and upgrading your files without losing data - then invest in having a professional do it for you - can be done simply via Team Viewer by any Accredited Partner - I am sure John would be happy to do it for you?
  • Sandie
    Sandie Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Are you referring to my computer hard drive? because it is not full; 410GB free of 465GB, or the applications Drive is 176GB free of 0.99TB I don't get any options as to where the file will be saved, it's disk full before I can do anything. 
  • Sandie
    Sandie Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Really, I should not have to pay an "accredited partner" to install an update. I can follow the process. I will request a disk if necessary.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Sandie,

You can change the destination folder where downloads are being stored.

The specific process would be dependent on the web browser you are using such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft IE, Edge, Safari, etc.

You can do a web search for the following key phrase "How to change default download location for <name of web browser >"

Example:

"How to change default download location for Firefox"

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I'm not an "accredited partner" pay me.

Many reason why you could have that error, none of them happen to do with Reckon or does it....