Single touch payroll error

SarahNation
SarahNation Member Posts: 21
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
The first time using STP and when I go in to the portal it shows as pending. I then clicked on detail and it comes up with this message.. When I click on the here link nothing happens.  So I don't know what the error is or how I need to fix it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Than youy
Sarah

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    That happened to me in the beginning but I came back to the message next time and the link worked
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I agree with Kris in that it takes time for results of both lodgements and messages to be able to be read.
    John L G
  • SarahNation
    edited July 2019
    Thank you! I submitted the first one at the beginning of July... it would have been good if a notification email had come through to alert me to the fact there was an error...
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Sadly, Sarah, the onus is on us to check and see how lodgements have fared.  On the other hand, sounds like a good idea, but selling it to the ATO would be the issue.
    John L G
  • SarahNation
    edited July 2019
    So it wouldn’t be a reckon portal feature John?
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    No, I don't believe so Sarah, as the lodgement is to the ATO and it is the ATO who determines whether the file is acceptable or not - Reckon has nothing to do with the receipt by the ATO and that is evidenced by other posts on this forum where people get back strange messages which they don't understand.  Whilst Reckon might know the answer, they are not the originators of the messages.
    John L G
  • SarahNation
    edited July 2019
    Oh ok, that makes sense. It would be handy though. Thanks John
  • Steve Stokes
    Steve Stokes Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2019
    First time I used STP I had a few issues like this. I have seen it a number of times now where the Company Name name in Reckon did not match the name on the ABN record. Once I had both names set the same all went well and I have not had a problem since with STP. See also: https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/-invalid-company-information-error-in-govconnect-stp-when-submitting-pay-events-from-reckon-accounts-business-hosted
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    No, I don't believe so Sarah, as the lodgement is to the ATO and it is the ATO who determines whether the file is acceptable or not - Reckon has nothing to do with the receipt by the ATO and that is evidenced by other posts on this forum where people get back strange messages which they don't understand.  Whilst Reckon might know the answer, they are not the originators of the messages.

This is exactly right but I'll just add a little bit in that we've got a project kicking off that will hopefully make it a bit easier to identify when submissions return an error or success within the Portal. However, this unfortunately won't have any impact on error messages in the sense of what is presented in the response as those are from the ATO. We were considering if we could somehow implement a translator to make the error response jargon a bit more friendly/understandable but we've found these messages change on the fly and in some cases can mean different things.
    There is a fair bit of documentation floating around in our KB's and the Community already in regard to the more common errors but we're working up an article which will contain as many of the error messages and their meanings as we've come across and will be periodically updated.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019

This is exactly right but I'll just add a little bit in that we've got a project kicking off that will hopefully make it a bit easier to identify when submissions return an error or success within the Portal. However, this unfortunately won't have any impact on error messages in the sense of what is presented in the response as those are from the ATO. We were considering if we could somehow implement a translator to make the error response jargon a bit more friendly/understandable but we've found these messages change on the fly and in some cases can mean different things.
    There is a fair bit of documentation floating around in our KB's and the Community already in regard to the more common errors but we're working up an article which will contain as many of the error messages and their meanings as we've come across and will be periodically updated.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Susan Shaw
    Susan Shaw Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2019
    The same thing is happening to me.  I've now found that after submitting, log out and then log back in and, re-select detail for a second time creates "Success"
  • SarahNation
    edited August 2019
    Thank you Susan. I’ll check again when I’m at work again on Monday. It’s disappointing that we have to do all this for something we have been forced to use. ??
  • Paul Rapisarda
    Paul Rapisarda Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    can you delete an error submission?

• Len Corbett
    Len Corbett Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2020
    I am getting the following error. Can anyone shed light? 
  • Rav
    edited August 2019
    Creating new thread Please reference the new conversation here: Error message from the ATO - Single Touch Payroll

• heather_6486903
    heather_6486903 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I want to know this too, as it wont let me replace until this one is accepted....