The element 'AddressDetailsPostal' in namespace 'http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt' has invalid chil

Kevin_10131587
Kevin_10131587 Member Posts: 11
edited August 2019 in Reckon One
Hello,

Im trying to do our first upload to STP. We are getting the error below. Ive checked the forum and have noted others have received this.

Ive checked all employees address's and my profile address and company address. There is only one address I can see not entered(as per image attached) and Im unsure how to update it. Its when you click the company & Advisor button. Please help.

The element 'AddressDetailsPostal' in namespace 'http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt' has invalid child element 'CountryC' in namespace 'http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt'. List of possible elements expected: 'Line1T' in namespace 'http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt'. Hint: while processing parent element [AddressDetailsPostal] child mandatory element [Line1T] was expected but not found.

Thankyou
Kevin

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    HI Kevin,
    Don't worry too much about the address field in the STP entity section above, that will update when your first submission goes through successfully.

When you submitted the pay event that returned the error, did you submit a Full File Replacement OR a normal pay event submission?

Can you please submit this again but please ensure that its a NORMAL pay event ie. not created as a Full File Replacement in your Reckon accounting software.

If you receive an error message after submitting a normal pay event file, can you let me know what exact message is?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kevin_10131587
    edited July 2019
    Hello,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes ive tried this submission twice, both as a normal pay event, so NOT a "full file replacement".
    Both have the same error as included in my original post.
    Thanks
  • Lyn_10131783
    Lyn_10131783 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Hello
    I have received the same message after submitting my first normal pay event. Can you tell me how to fix it
    Thanks

Lyn
  • Kathy Komadina
    Kathy Komadina Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2019
    Hi Kevin & Lyn,
    I had the same error message with my first submission and I think it was because in Reckon one of the addresses of an employee was written as "17/8 Street name" instead of "Unit 17, 8 Street Name". Very odd that you cannot have a unit with the "/"! But I resubmitted the file last night and it has worked today so maybe that's the problem with your files too?
    Good luck!
    Kathy
  • Kevin_10131587
    edited July 2019
    Hi Kathy,
    Thanks for the response. However ive checked my employees and none of them live in units or contain  "/" or any other symbols in their address.
    Any other ideas anyone?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Kevin,
    Do all your employees have valid address details other than no symbols/invalid characters etc?
    The reason I ask is, the Line1T in the error message refers to the address line in the employee's profile. Can you please recheck and ensure everything is valid.

Also, can you please ensure you have your details filled out in your profile section in the Reckon Portal (screenshot example below) -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kevin_10131587
    edited July 2019
    Hello,
    Ive triple check all my employees addresses and all are 100% correct.
    Ive checked that profile and have that information entered correctly.
    I don't know what more I can do. Im not getting anywhere.

• Kevin_10131587
    edited July 2019
    Ive spoken to the ATO and they have said that the Postal address is a PO Box, Ive tried adding a PO box but its doesn't recognise it when I do a search.
  • Suzanne Smith
    Suzanne Smith Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2019
    Ive had the same error message 'AddressDetailsPostal'- i have desktop premier, when I  do a resubmit do i use the "update event" ?

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    No just send through a normal pay run file not an update event or full file replacement. I had this problem as well and it was how I had written one of my employee's addresses in Reckon
  • Suzanne Smith
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Eric on the next section I need to select either

1. new pay run or full file replacement
    or
    2. Update a previously completed ATO submission or Finalise Year

I assume it number 2??

rds,  Sue

• Eric Murphy
    edited July 2019
    No. Because it's a normal lodgement, you choose the new payrun option.
  • Suzanne Smith
    edited July 2019
    Thank you..
  • Kevin_10131587
    edited July 2019
    What if you have 100 employees or more?! How do you know how to identify where the issue lies? Ive checked all my employees(6) multiple times and they all look fine.
    RECKON, I need some help please!
  • Eric Murphy
    edited July 2019
    Why don't you call their technical support then? That's what they're there for. Or I guess just do the hard yards and look through the data. I spoke to them this morning and waited literally 30 seconds before the call was answered & sorted which in hindsight I could have fixed myself.
  • Kevin_10131587
    edited July 2019
    Ive tried calling multiple times over the past 2 weeks and each time its a 20 minute wait. I don't have that kind of time to spare.
  • Kevin_10131587
    edited July 2019
    23 minutes and counting again after being told was 10 minutes
  • Liz Whatson
    Liz Whatson Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    I have the same issue.  Submitted first STP and it has come back three times with an error.  There is no error in the employees address.  I do not know what else to do.  Please help.  Waited 90 minutes for tech support yesterday.  The error is 'Address Details Postal' in namespace. Line 1T expected but not found.  I need to get this sorted, please help.

• Kevin_10131587
    edited August 2019
    Anyone have any success?!
    Ive emailed support and haven't received a response. Ive called their support line 5 times and cant get through to anyone even after waiting close to an hour.
    Ive spent a couple hours with my accountant trying to figure it out and who is pleading with me to move to myob.
    We only use this product for Payroll and as such this should be what fine for what we need but we need to get this fixed and Reckon arnt providing any support!
  • Rav
    edited August 2019
    Kevin,
    Take a look at the info in this Knowledgebase article -
    Common ATO Errors

This specific error message is covered there including how to resolve it.

• Kevin_10131587
    edited August 2019
    Ive checked the address's multiple times for all staff and the business address. Im getting nowhere with no more specific info.
    Ive called the ATO and ensured the address is correct their end.
  • Kevin_10131587
    edited August 2019
    There should be an ATO error that can help diagnose this as per
    "Unfortunately, we cannot provide software specific support, but if there is a specific error code that you are receiving, such as "CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.EM41432" then we may be able to better assist."
    https://community.ato.gov.au/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll/STP-ERROR-MESSAGE-FROM-ATO/td-p/21082
  • Suzanne Smith
    edited August 2019
    Yes, finally after the fourth submit... I needed to reduce the number of characters on the first line of our "legal address" field in qbooks... and remove a comma...

Sue