Could somebody plese tell me how to make PAYG and Super payments in Reckon Premier with STP?

Gillian_9673196
Gillian_9673196 Member Posts: 53
We have always just journaled the PAYG and Super amounts to a clearing account such as ATO Integrated Client GL account for example.  But if I journal the payment from the Payroll Liabilities account will this affect anything with the end of year stuff moving forward?

Comments

• Gillian_9673196
    edited August 2019
    That's my Question Kevin.  We have only begun using payroll last month so this is my first month of using the new system with PAYG payments to the ATO.  Previously I had GL accounts for payroll expenses, super etc for each staff member but the payroll in Reckon sends everything to one account as Payroll Liabilities.  What I am trying to work out is how to use the Pay liabilities function custom made within the software
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Gillian.  You are not restricted to having just one Payroll Liabilities account.  You can set up sub accounts for such things as group tax, SGC, salary sacrifice super etc. - as many as you want to service your own needs.  But before you go too far with this, refer to my next point regarding payment of the payroll liabilities.
    In order to pay your Payroll Liabilities, you go to ?Employees> Payroll Taxes and Liabilities> Create Custom Liability Payments? and then select the payments that you want to process.  You should find that this is a straightforward exercise.
    John L G
  • Gillian_9673196
    edited August 2019
    Thank you very much John, I think I understand it now.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Gillian

Further to John's advice, it is so much better to set up Payroll liabilities for each, it is a nightmare to reconcile, fix clients who put it all in one account.  When you set up your separate liabilities as John has suggested, make sure you go to the payroll items and link the items to the correct liability account or you will be in a mess again. i.e PAYG to PAYG liab. acct - Super payroll item to Super Liab. acct.
  • Gillian_9673196
    edited August 2019
    Thank you, I will set it up that way deffinetly